The Associate Product Specialist - Backroom plays a critical role within the O'Reilly Merchandise Department. The team member will work as part of the backroom product team, responsible for managing all automotive hard part product categories with annual revenue of $5 Billion. The Associate Product Specialist will identify strategic initiatives to improve key performance metrics for various product categories and will work with multiple departments to coordinate and oversee those initiatives. The Associate Product Specialist will develop and maintain product knowledge in multiple categories through ongoing market research, product and supplier analysis, and extensive financial analysis. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, excellent communicator, and have a willingness to learn and grow with the Company, as well as demonstrate superior leadership and negotiation skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Maximize profitability metrics and create competitive advantages within assigned product categories.
- Present formal business review for assigned product categories and identify key initiatives.
- Coordinate with suppliers, company stores, and other corporate departments to execute merchandise and supply chain projects.
- Ongoing market research to understand and address competitive programs.
- Visit current and potential supplier manufacturing facilities.
- Present product and supplier recommendations to senior and executive level management.
- Monitor product quality through warranty review and continuous improvement processes.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, or 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong grasp of accounting principles and financial performance metrics.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, analytical, and committed to Excellent Customer Service.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel as a tool for data analysis.
- Previous experience in the automotive aftermarket preferred.
- Strong automotive knowledge preferred.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.
Apply on company website