The Digital Online Category Manager will lead a team focused on building a best-in-class online customer experience for our categories and products, while driving continuous improvement of the user experience. Will lead the charge in partnering with multiple other departments including, but not limited to, Merchandise, Catalog, and Marketing.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for hiring, evaluating, coaching, managing, goal setting, and developing a digital business unit team.
- Plan and manage all online category strategy, development, process, and initiatives in order to drive business results and quantify those results.
- Partner with multiple internal teams (Catalog, Merchandise, etc.) as well as external suppliers and manage the team curating and enhancing product content for display online, to include (but not limited to) product sort, product titles, images/videos, product descriptions, and product/fitment attributes.
- Serve as the data-driven subject matter expert on traffic, content, customer behavior, and online merchandising within all categories.
- Monitor and evaluate the competitive landscape and stay up-to-date on digital marketing and merchandising trends in order to make recommendations and set strategy and technology requests.
- Participate in, and contribute to, the overall line review process with analysis of online sales information (unit sales trends up/down, dollar sales trend up/down, gross profit dollar sales trend up/down, gross profit percent trend up/down, sku level add/drop).
- Present recommendations to the merchandise team to improve the go-to-market digital strategy and online product curation to impact all selling channels (retail/professional websites and stores).
- Set and evaluate monthly and annual goals for online category team members based on past performance in areas of online sales, organic search rank, click through rate to detail pages, and more. Report regularly on findings and recommendations to improve performance.
- Use internal and external tools (NPD, APT, Google Analytics, Microstrategy, ForeSee, etc.) to analyze site metrics, customer research, and related data to identify opportunities to improve merchandising and the customer experience across the digital platforms and various product categories.
- Continue to drive improvements to the digital platforms through feature, enhancement and content development and execution, increasing search volume, clicks, conversion rate and revenue.
- Work across departments from Merchandising and Marketing to IT and Catalog to drive collaboration on a variety of projects to ensure an omnichannel customer experience across all touch points focusing on onsite and organic search as well as product content (organic rank, new product loads, product sort and reporting tools, planogram changes, supplier changes, etc.).
- Report regularly to stakeholders on key metrics and provide insights and recommendations for growth and best practices (supplier/part type scorecard updates, Fusion search metrics, etc.)
- Perform daily maintenance and merchandising updates on site.
- Manage special projects as they are assigned by Directors and/or Vice President.
- Work directly with suppliers and Merchandise team to achieve online goals while maintaining a high-degree on confidentiality.
- Work with Merchandise, Catalog, etc. to actively manage inventory issues and catalog flags for visibility online.
- Ability to lead, develop, and manage a team.
- Passionate about the customer with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior.
- Analystical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and organizational skills.
- Presents a professional company image and positive attitude.
- Comfortable in a cross-functional work environment with an ability to motivate and influence work.
- Able to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and doing what is best for the customer.
- Familiarity with online shopping and user interaction.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks for self and team.
- Bachelor's degree with work experience of 3-4 years in digital business, merchandising, development, etc. or equivalent.
- Experience with web and sales analytics strongly preferred (NPD, APT, Google Analystics, Microstrategy, ForeSee, etc).
- Automotive and automotive retailing knowledge.
- O'Reilly store experience and knowledge.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.
Apply on company website