The Field Safety Manager will work with corporate safety team to ensure all distribution center, store, and fleet safety programs, along with regulatory compliance initiatives, are carried out. This role will participate in identifying trends and developing appropriate programs and tools to minimize loss and regulatory noncompliance exposure. Will have a heavy emphasis in on-site training through knowledge of safety principles, operations, regulatory requirements, and fleet safety.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as dedicated resource for DC and store fleet safety training and quality assurance. This will include a key role in training/compliance for DOT and HAZMAT training/documentation. Will work closely with Director of Safety, Environmental and Regulatory Compliance ensuring focused and ongoing training. Review, evaluate and analyze DC and store work environments.
- Analyze monthly team member Injury & Safe Driving Reports for trends. Create procedures and programs to eliminate, prevent or control injuries. Conduct audits and/or assessments to help enforce adherence to all DC and store policies, in addition to any applicable laws and regulations governing the health and safety of our team members and/or the general public.
- Incorporate all aspects of general fleet and driving eligibility programs, material handling, substance abuse testing, and regulatory compliance in ongoing training and quality assurance programs.
- Conduct distribution center, region, district, and store visits for training, quality assurance, and program quality validation.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and help others understand objectives and purposes.
- Willingness to travel 75% of the year
- Ability to pro-actively develop programs with limited supervision
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.
Apply on company website