O'Reilly Auto Parts is looking for an experienced in-house attorney to provide legal services to the Company. The Legal Counsel - Subpoenas and Transactions is responsible for records and appearance requests (subpoenas) and garnishments; drafting, review, and negotiation of contracts; legal research and analysis.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for providing legal advice and oversight regarding subpoenas duces tecum, appearance subpoenas, and other document requests outside of company litigation.
- Provide dotted line oversight and supervision of Legal Assistant - Subpoenas relating to collection and redaction of requested documents and coordination of appearances pursuant to subpoenas.
- Collaborate with the payroll and other teams regarding garnishments and administrative orders against team members.
- Provide legal advice and assistance to the Company regarding existing contract administration, requirements, amendments, re-negotiations and terminations thereby managing potential commercial legal exposures.
- Draft standardized contracts and agreements for general use by others within the corporation.
- Legal research as assigned relating to pending or potential litigation, corporate governance, and compliance with legal standards and existing law.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of legal experience.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school.
- Active and in good standing with at least one State Bar.
- Strong analytical and evaluation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Outstanding attention to detail and negotiation skills.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.
Apply on company website