A Senior Network Engineer is a highly skilled Network Engineer with expert knowledge in all levels of the OSI model. This team member will work collaboratively to support, improve and architect networks. Engineers are primarily focused on the design or integration of various systems, application servers, databases and third-party devices.
Essential Job Functions
- Take a leadership role in guiding projects through the complete implementation life cycle.
- Apply advanced knowledge of Network Engineering and platform automation including the underlying theories.
- Diagnose issues, build infrastructure, and work with related software and hardware requirements.
- Apply technical expertise across various client environments and solve any obstacles that arise.
- Interact with both internal and external customers during all project phases, from planning to maintenance.
- Be mindful of customer needs and clearly communicate complex information.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail, examining every aspect of the system to guarantee security and spot areas of improvement or anomalous activity while they're minor.
- Exercise strong time management skills by taking on multiple projects simultaneously while debugging issues reported by customers.
- Utilize MatterMost and Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence) for productivity.
- Recommend system improvements and changes to systems, as needed.
- Conduct system demos to educate and train others in the use of system.
- Create or update advanced project documentation.
- Test systems to validate proper functionality and performance.
- Participate in on-call rotation including nights/weekends.
- 6+ years of network administration/architecture experience in an enterprise environment.
- Advanced understanding of networking protocols, principles and design.
- Experience implementing, troubleshooting and supporting QOS.
- Ability to articulate advanced technical concepts and teach others.
- Expert network troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to perform and intercept packet captures.
- Advanced knowledge of routing and common routing protocols.
- Ability to write advanced technical documentation.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Must work well in a team environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Willingness to work on-call rotation including nights/weekends.
- Experience working with automation tools such as Ansible or Puppet.
- Experience using scripting (Shell, Perl, Python) to assist in configuration and management of all manner network devices
- Experience using version control tools such as Git.
- Completion of higher level education related to system administration.
- CCNA or CCIE.
- Experience administering container environments.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.
$80,000.00 - $125,000.00 annually, pay will be based upon applicable experience, training and skills
This job is eligible for an annual cash bonus based on individual goal achievement.
Apply on company website