The Program Management Office drives cross-departmental strategic programs for O'Reilly Auto Parts. We are a collaborative team of forward-thinking individuals who partner with business and IT leaders to tackle business challenges by delivering value-based outcomes that achieve the company's strategic initiatives. A Senior Project Manager - Supply Chain Systems will contribute to the company's success by planning, executing and managing medium to large software focused projects using sound judgement, strong interpersonal skills, and effective tools and techniques. Projects typically require both a business and technology focus, and may deliver new or enhanced capabilities to multiple functional areas; or, may support a larger cross-functional program being managed by a program manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Elicit, accurately characterize, and document project goals, scope, stakeholders, risks, issues, success measures, effort and resource estimates
- Ensure that all required sub projects and activities are identified, planned, and managed
- Create communication plans and deliver project status updates
- Create and maintain project charters, plans, schedules and budgets
- Proactively manage projects to deliver them in-scope, on-time and on-budget
- Set an example to the project team of the O'Reilly culture
- Maintain an objective, fact-based perspective on the project's status, risk, and issues
- Encourage the project team to display transparency about project status and risk, and influence them to proactively recommend solutions for issues
- Facilitate and manage project change-control
- Monitor the project's progression through its life cycle and enforce checkpoints and phase gates
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ Years IT project management experience
- Knowledge of project management tools, techniques, and processes
- Knowledge of software application development concepts and practices
- Familiarity with different types of SDLC methodologies including Waterfall and Agile
- Knowledge of information technology concepts and practices including networking, hardware, and infrastructure
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, negotiation, escalation, and influencing skills
- Strong business and organizational acumen and leadership abilities
- Good judgment, appropriateness, and courage
- Advanced planning abilities, organizational skills, and problem solving abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to manage by influence
- PMP Certification
- ITIL Certification
- Experience working in a remote, virtual or work-from-home environment.
- Remote, USA - This role can be remote, virtual or work-from-home anywhere in the United States.
- Additional Locations: Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, Chicago, IL, Boston, MA, Houston, TX, Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA, Colorado Springs, CO, Raleigh, NC, Tampa, FL, Huntsville, AL, Columbus, OH, Durham, NC, Jacksonville, FL, Baltimore, MD, Springfield, MO, St Louis, MO, Kansas City, MO, Bentonville, AR, Oklahoma City, OK, Minneapolis, MN
- O'Reilly Auto Parts IT department provides services to our corporate office, 5,700+ stores, 28 distribution centers and 80,000 + team members.
- We have over 800 IT team members supporting 250+ small, medium and large web and software applications in addition to third party packages.
- We provide a collaborative environment and encourage knowledge sharing.
- We respect a healthy work-life balance and offer remote, virtual or work-from-home opportunities.
- Our teams keep open communication through video conferencing, team messaging and daily stand-ups.
- Our leadership values collaboration and encourages team members to bring creative problem-solving ideas from both a technical and functional perspective.
- We have several career paths, whether you want to be an individual contributor, manager, project manager, or stay technical - there's a documented growth plan to help you follow the path you choose.
- We want to grow our people - we help to make you better by providing training for both technical and professional development.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.
$80,000.00 - $125,000.00 annually, pay will be based upon applicable experience, training and skills
This job is eligible for an annual cash bonus based on individual goal achievement.
Apply on company website