Essential Job Functions
- Works with lead business systems analysts, development teams, project managers and others to design and create, dependable, scalable, and maintainable systems.
- Develops standards and technical documentation for existing design of software systems.
- Takes lead role on designing and approving designs of new software or software integrations with 3rd parties.
- Participates in the discussion surrounding the long-term technical direction of the department.
- Works with software engineers and management to help shape coding standards and software development life cycle best practices.
- Manage tasks and resources while utilizing modern project management principles.
- Perform software and data analysis to uncover issues and solve complicated problems that typically span multiple systems.
- Conduct software demo's to educate and train others in the use of software.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Understands how to establish the value and cost of an IT project
- Advanced understanding of change management control process and procedures
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices of the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, testing, build and release engineering processes with focus on automation and end to end traceability
- Experience with web services, writing and managing API gateways, and service orchestration.
- Working understanding of databases including writing and amending queries in SQL, PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL
- Experience working in DevOps including continuous integration and continuous deployment using technologies like Git, Jenkins, Postman, Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence
- Experience in effectively communicatingcomplex technical conceptswith a broad base of end users and multiple management layers, including the ability to interact with vendors as needed
- A bachelor's of science in a technology related field.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience working in a remote, virtual or work-from-home environment.
- Remote, USA - This role can be remote, virtual or work-from-home anywhere in the United States.
- Additional Locations: Austin, TX, Seattle, WA, Chicago, IL, Boston, MA, Houston, TX, Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA, Colorado Springs, CO, Raleigh, NC, Tampa, FL, Huntsville, AL, Columbus, OH, Durham, NC, Jacksonville, FL, Baltimore, MD, Springfield, MO, St Louis, MO, Kansas City, MO, Bentonville, AR, Oklahoma City, OK, Minneapolis, MN
- O'Reilly Auto Parts IT department provides services to our corporate office, 5,700+ stores, 28 distribution centers and 80,000 + team members.
- We have over 800 IT team members supporting 250+ small, medium and large web and software applications in addition to third party packages.
- We provide a collaborative environment and encourage knowledge sharing.
- We respect a healthy work-life balance and offer remote, virtual or work-from-home opportunities.
- Our teams keep open communication through video conferencing, team messaging and daily stand-ups.
- Our leadership values collaboration and encourages team members to bring creative problem-solving ideas from both a technical and functional perspective.
- We have several career paths, whether you want to be an individual contributor, manager, project manager, or stay technical - there's a documented growth plan to help you follow the path you choose.
- We want to grow our people - we help to make you better by providing training for both technical and professional development.
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.
$90,000.00 - $135,000.00 annually, pay will be based upon applicable experience, training and skills
This job is eligible for an annual cash bonus based on individual goal achievement.
Apply on company website