ASoftware Architect - Enterprise Services Team guides the design and direction of our search applications. Our services and applications support the Enterprise with RESTful web services and APIs for the IT commerce platforms to deliver a unified and consistent search experience over our parts catalog for our internal and external customers. Our Software Architects have advanced technical knowledge in all areas of software development, analysis, and design. They are experts on existing software architecture design and inter-connectivity with upstream and downstream systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Works with lead business systems analysts, development teams, project managers and others to design and create, dependable, scalable, and maintainable systems.
- Develops standards and technical documentation for existing design of software systems.
- Takes lead role on designing and approving designs of new software or software integrations with 3rd party packages.
- Participates in the discussion surrounding the long-term technical direction of the department.
- Works with software engineers and management to help shape coding standards and software development life cycle best practices.
- Manage tasks and resources while utilizing modern project management principles.
- Perform software and data analysis to uncover issues and solve complicated problems that typically span multiple systems.
- Conduct software demo's to educate and train others in the use of software.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Understands how to establish the value and cost of an IT project
- Advanced understanding of change management and the O'Reilly change control process and procedures
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices of the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, testing, build and release engineering processes with focus on automation and end to end traceability
- Experience with web services and APIs including Java, Solr, MySQL, PostgreSQL and Micronaut.
- Working understanding of databases including writing and amending queries in SQL, PostgreSQL and/or NoSQL
- Experience working in DevOps including continuous integration and continuous deployment using technologies like Git, Jenkins, Postman, Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence
- Experience in effectively communicating with a broad base of end users and multiple management layers, including the ability to interact with vendors as needed
- A bachelor's of science in a technology related field.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.
$115,000.00 - $150,000.00 annually, pay will be based upon applicable experience, training and skills
This job is eligible for an annual cash bonus based on individual goal achievement.
Apply on company website