Essential Job Functions
- Leads technical design, development, code reviews, and product feature enhancements to interactive web based applications.
- Guides design sessions with visual designers, application developers and other technical team members.
- Researches and recommends UI components and capabilities to enhance the user experience.
- Leads conceptual and technical solution design for assigned features improvements to meet business requirements while ensuring compliance with established architectural principles, standards, and processes.
- Liaisons with information architects and designs to finalize the usability and feasibility of interface designs.
- Creates seamless processes for the team by establishing standards and frameworks for effective and efficient integration.
- Communicates complex technical issues in a clear, simple understandable way.
- Performs hands-on configuration and development as needed, and roll-up your sleeves to resolve technical issues.
- Present opportunities and risks at a project level and company wide. Ensures overall technology best practices are met.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Experience in at least one JS framework (React, Angular), Vue.Js preferred.
- Experience with Node.js.
- Experience working with Git, Jenkins, source code management (Bitbucket), and Agile workflows (Jira)
- Experience working 100% remote or work-from-home environment.
- A bachelor's of science in a technology related field.
- Strong knowledge of frontend engineering best practices.
- Knowledge of the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, testing.
- Effectively communicate complex technical concepts.
- Strong eye for UI/UX concepts with a focus on cross-browser functionality.
- Experience working in a remote, virtual or work-from-home environment.
- O'Reilly Auto Parts IT department provides services to our corporate office, 5,700+ stores, 28 distribution centers and 80,000 + team members.
- We have over 800 IT team members supporting 250+ small, medium and large web and software applications in addition to third party packages.
- We provide a collaborative environment and encourage knowledge sharing.
- We respect a healthy work-life balance and offer remote, virtual or work-from-home opportunities.
- Our teams keep open communication through video conferencing, team messaging and daily stand-ups.
- Our leadership values collaboration and encourages team members to bring creative problem-solving ideas from both a technical and functional perspective.
- We have several career paths, whether you want to be an individual contributor, manager, project manager, or stay technical - there's a documented growth plan to help you follow the path you choose.
- We want to grow our people - we help to make you better by providing training for both technical and professional development.
Remote, USA - Can be remote, virtual or work-from-home anywhere in the United States.
Additional Locations: Springfield, MO, St. Louis, MO, Kansas City, MO, Bentonville, AR, Little Rock, AR, Chicago, IL, Oklahoma City, OK, Omaha, NE, Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, Atlanta, GA, Huntsville, AL, Charlotte, NC, Raleigh, NC, Seattle, WA, Washington, D.C., Lansing, MI, Baltimore, MD, Durham-Chapel Hill, NC, Trenton, NJ, Boulder, CO, Colorado Springs, CO, Des Moines, IA, Hartford, CT, Tallahassee, FL
All full time team members are eligible for a benefits package that is designed to offer convenience and security to our team members and their families. Programs, resources and benefit eligibility varies based on employment status, average hours worked, location and length of service. For detailed benefits info, please click here or type http://bit.ly/ORLYBenefits in your browser.
$90,000.00 - $135,000.00 annually, pay will be based upon applicable experience, training and skills
This job is eligible for an annual cash bonus based on individual goal achievement.
Apply on company website