Orscheln Farm and Home is an essential business looking for amazing Team Members…Apply Today!
The Associate Buyer is responsible for supporting the Buyer in all aspects of developing, communicating, and executing the strategic business plans inside the particular area of responsibility and department. In this position the individual will learn the buying and related processes. This position is designed to help prepare an individual for a Buyer position.
• Reports to assigned Buyer and assists in the achievement of the budget metrics – sales, gross margin $$ and %, turns, as well as vendor support/rebate dollars.
• Works with the Buyer to manage, execute and communicate the line review process.
• Supports the Buyer with product analysis for events and promotions.
• Maintains the day to day management of assigned categories.
• Communicates and executes the assortment building plans and planograms.
• Executes all details of the advertising plan, entering promos, proofing ads and point of contact for product details.
• Works with inventory management and marketing on assigned lines.
• Negotiates costs, scan backs, and buy backs with vendors in conjunction with the Buyer.
• Aids in executing the test programs including detailed analysis.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Negotiation skills, analytical skills, problem solving skills.
• Self-starter – ability to work independently.
• Good communication skills with stores and vendors.
• Computer skills using Microsoft office applications.
• Motivated to improve company results.
• Team player in a fast-paced environment.
• Travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website