Activities Leader | Otterbein Senior Life
The Activities Leader creates an environment in the home that provides opportunity for the elders to enjoy the highest possible quality of life and provides psychosocial support to elders, families, and partners, which will enhance the quality of life for elders and will promote the health of the intentional community of home.
This is a part time position
Activities Leader| Otterbein Senior LifeActivities Leader | Otterbein Senior Life
- Provides and maintains each home with a supply of common materials for indoor and outdoor recreation and diversion.
- Provides ongoing mentoring of the elder assistants in diversion and recreational enrichment.
- Know each elder and their family including a psychosocial profile of the elder and an understanding of the family members and dynamics.
- Completes an in depth assessment of each elder and provides for elder specific materials for activities identified by the elders.
- Assures that out of home activities are available to elders.
- Coordinate community volunteers.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the programs and activities.
- Weekly visits to each home to evaluate individual levels of engagement.
- Create individual opportunities for all newly admitted elders as per home activities policy.
Activities Coordinator | Otterbein Senior Lifestyle Choices
- Computer skills: MDS system, Word, Excel, Internet, and Outlook.
- MEPAP 1 - certified
- Post-secondary education preferred, with emphasis on social work, counseling or geriatrics.
- Holds a current OH valid driver's license,
- CPR and First-Aid certifications or have the willingness to be trained.
- One year of related experience strongly preferred
Apply on company website