Assistant Director of Nursing - MDS Nurse. Otterbein Marblehead Senior Lifestyle Community has an opportunity for an Assistant Director of Nursing/MDS Nurse.
This position supports the Director of Nursing in over-seeing care and services provided to the skilled nursing area as follows:
- Direct supervision of the STNAs and Nurses in the Jane Baker House
- May assume responsibility to monitor all healthcare areas in the absence of the DON with secondary supervision responsibility of all nursing staff in all care areas
- Coordinates development, completion and transmission of MDS assessments in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Reviews and manages reimbursement.
- Case manage care plans, including habilitative programs
- Must demonstrate knowledge of clinical standards of practice, regulations and reimbursement governing long-term care and Medicare participation.
- Must be able to function as an effective team member through good communication and cooperation
- ADON/Supervisory Responsibilities
- MDS Nurse Responsibilities
- Provide nursing clinical supervision for JBH house
- On-call for questions/emergency situations when the staff needs advice or direction (shared/rotating responsibility with DON)
- May/Will have to provide floor nurse coverage in emergency scheduling situations
- Provide clinical approval for all admissions to JBH
- Follow all established policies, guidelines, and procedures, including federal and state regulations, to assure safe practices and quality elder care, e.g. Universal Precautions, Infection Control techniques
- Protect and promote elder rights including confidentiality, privacy, dignity and freedom.
- Interact courteously and appropriately with elders, family members, visitors, and other partners under a variety of conditions and circumstances.
- Communicate, cooperate and assist in problem solving with other partners and departments.
- Education: LPN or RN
- Experience: Minimum of three (3) years experience as a nurse in long term care; MDS experience highly desired. Experience as a nursing supervisor and/or unit supervisor is also highly preferred.
- Computer Skills: Sufficient level computer skills to perform electronic medical record/submission duties.
Assistant Director of Nursing - MDS Nurse Assistant Director of Nursing - MDS Nurse Assistant Director of Nursing - MDS Nurse Assistant Director of Nursing - MDS Nurse Assistant Director of Nursing - MDS Nurse
Apply on company website