In keeping with our United Methodist tradition, we seek to enhance the quality of life and holistic growth of older persons by providing high quality services in a cheerful, timely manner, and by communicating, coordinating, and cooperating with residents and staff to attain goals.
- Maintain resident rights and confidentiality.
- Interact positively with residents, family members, employees, visitors and contractors / vendors under a variety of conditions and circumstances.
- Cleans furnishings, fixtures, ledges, windows, heating / cooling units, etc. by washing, dusting, disinfecting, or polishing as scheduled or assigned.
- Cleans floors by sweeping, vacuuming, dust mopping, wet mopping, buffing or burnishing, extracting, or refinishing as scheduled or assigned by using an extractor, high speed buffer, side by side, wet / dry vacuums, auto scrubber, mops, brooms, dust mops, and vacuums.
- Do room set ups and tear downs as needed.
- Transport linen carts as needed.
- Assist with resident moves as needed.
- Fills out maintenance requests as needed.
- Reports pest control problems to Supervisor.
- Reports all unsafe or unsanitary conditions to supervision as soon as practical.
- Follows Universal Precautions and Infection Control policies and procedures
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Lifts mattresses, TV's, and large equipment and furnishings with assistance in order to clean or move.
- Lifts small equipment and furnishings alone in order to clean or move.
- Empties trash, cleans trash receptacles, and transports trash to proper area to dispose of.
- Other assigned duties as needed.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Floor Specialist experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge/Aptitude: Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods. Ability to move rolling housekeeping carts and laundry barrels throughout work area. Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, stretch, climb, and kneel. Must be able to hear, see, and smell in order to respond to resident needs. Must be able to lift small equipment and furnishings. Must be able to lift large equipment, mattresses, TV's, etc. with help.
Apply on company website