Text OTTERBEIN to 972-11.
Have you been displaced or are out of school because of the COVID-19 shut-down?
We Have Jobs! Start Immediately.
Join a caring & compassionate team.
Sign-on bonus. Childcare assistance. And more!
Otterbein SeniorLife Neighborhood is the place for you!
We're looking for compassionate individuals to work as Household Assistants to help with cooking, laundry and housekeeping in our Small House, Big Difference Neighborhood. The neighborhood provides homey accommodations in a ranch-style, open floor plan house where up to 10 elders live. This family-like environment promotes close friendships, freedom of choice and individuality of each elder who lives there. As part of the team, you would be caring for the elders' environment and helping to ensure they live each day with dignity.
New Benefits & Temporary Provisions Starting Today!
- Temporary childcare assistance program in the works; ask for details.
- Temporary health provisions put in place to ensure everyone's safety, such as visitor restrictions and no congregate dining; therefore, meals temporarily not provided to employees.
- Variety of work schedule options, as the neighborhood is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Self-scheduling hours with supervisor; choose hours in collaboration with other partners in the house
- Paid time off
- Shift differential
- Employee-sponsored fund to help employees in need
- Vendor discounts
- Health insurance – includes virtual doctor visits, no copays, dental insurance and vision insurance
- 401K / 403(b) with match
- Life insurance (company paid)
- (Postponed) Free meal during shift or stipend
- Help plan appropriate meals according to dietary needs/preferences/medical issues
- Seek input from elders with meal planning and preparation
- Prep ingredients; prepare and serve meals and snacks
- Set up table
- Ensure the safety and freshness of food; measure and record food temperature
Housekeeping & Laundry
- Inventory and stock shelves with supplies
- Clean rooms, floors, equipment, and kitchen to maintain a safe, neat and clean environment
- Ensure laundry is done and returned; help elders put laundry in closet/drawers
- Maintain confidentiality in relation to all elders, co-workers and documentation
- Answer phone
- Participate in scheduled team meetings to set house standards, resolve conflicts, improve the running of the house
- Record appliance temperature into a log
- Respond to inquiries from staff and elders and work as a team to ensure all needs are being met
Education & Experience
- Current high school student who has reached legal age to work
- No education requirements
- No previous work experience required
- Preferred experience working with elders, cooking for a family or group of diners or experience with light housekeeping and laundry
Licensure/Certification: None required.
Apply on company website