To oversee the preparation and serving of quality food to residents, guests, and partners under sanitary conditions, and to give great customer service.
KITCHEN SUPERVISOR - FULL TIME
Hurry! Bonus is only for a limited time.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Must have a smile on your face and give great customer service at all times to residents, partners, and guests.
- Must have good attendance.
- Must take ownership of nursing neighborhoods while working in them.
- Must be able work hand in hand with the nursing department in order to serve the residents.
- Prepare and set-up of all menu items according to standards.
- Accurately service hot and cold food items, condiments, utensils, etc. onto plates according to the customer's request.
- Ensure partners restock areas with food and supplies in a courteous, timely manner.
- Ensure partners serve meals to residents in a courteous, timely manner.
- Maintain the kitchen facilities in a sanitary manner including floors, walls, all equipment, and utensils.
- Assists in kitchen where needed.
- Ensures that a clean and safe environment is maintained.
- Communicates and cooperates with culinary personnel and other departments.
- Maintains resident rights and confidentiality.
- Interacts positively with residents, family members, personnel, and visitors under a variety of conditions and circumstances.
- Follows Universal precautions and Infection Control techniques.
Education: High School or GED preferred.
Licensure/Certification: None required
Experience: 0-2 years food service experience in LTC or similar setting preferred.
- Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress related to working with persons who are ill, disabled, elderly, and/or emotionally upset.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must be detail oriented and have excellent literacy and writing, documentation, communication, and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to add and subtract (as in setting up salads or counting trays) and multiply and divide (as in exploring recipes to forecasted needs).
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for serving food, principles of sanitation, and principles of safe food handling. (i.e. min & max temperatures of food)
- Knowledge of the care and use of food service equipment and kitchen equipment.
- Knowledge of basic nutrition and modified diets.
- Ability to work fast and efficiently in order to serve meals at a specified time.
culinary culinary kitchen kitchen supervisor supervisor
Apply on company website