The Life Enrichment Coordinator plans and implements special events and program outings, communicates and documents all daily neighborhood programs and one to one visits. The coordinator completes assigned MDS and all components of MDS and Care Plan paperwork, including Care Conferences. Maintains Neighborhood Programs budget, trains and coordinates Neighborhood Volunteers, and meets all Ohio Department of Health regulations and Activities and Life Safety Codes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Understands the relationship of the job to Otterbein's mission and to other jobs on campus.
- Willingness to work with coworkers, supervisors and partners from other departments to solve problems and to improve processes and services.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities to help and support work efforts of coworkers and partners from other departments.
- Participates on campus/department committees and task forces.
- Asks for help and support of own work efforts when appropriate.
- Maintain instances of absence and tardiness within acceptable levels.
- Inclined to work extra shifts and overtime when necessary.
- Willingness to accept changes in schedule and work assignments.
- Consistent effort and attention to work results in quality service and performance.
- Attends mandatory educational programs identified by Otterbein.
- Remains sensitive to the emotional, spiritual and practical need of residents, families, guests and partners.
- Provides positive feedback and comments about the quality of work and effort offered by residents, families and coworkers.
- Reports problems related to safety, cleanliness and comfort of residents and work areas.
- Follows universal Precautions and Infection Control Techniques.
- Demonstrates understanding of safety plans and procedures related to fire, weather and other disasters.
- Transports residents to various locations on Otterbein's 12-Passenger Bus.
- Responsible for ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
Education: Must have High School Diploma, or equivalent.
Licensure/Certification: Prefer 90 Hour Basic Activity Course.
Experience: Prefer 2 year's experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years.
Apply on company website