Otterbein Communities seek to enhance the quality of life and holistic growth of older persons by providing high quality service in a cheerful, timely manner and by communicating, coordinating, and cooperating with others to attain goals. The Maintenance Tech performs routine and extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of facilities, buildings, and equipment under general supervision. They execute work within established procedures and process under both verbal and written instructions.
- Performing repair or general Maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and painting tasks.
- Repairing and treating structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls, carpets and roofs.
- Performing repairs, troubleshooting, and adjustment of locks on cabinets, locks, closets, desks.
- Repairing door hinges, cleaning plugged key slots, changing filters on ventilating, heating, and air conditioning units.
- Servicing kitchen, appliances, and emergency equipment, reporting mechanical malfunctions to Supervisor for action.
- Activating and deactivating building alarms and responding to alarm calls after and during regular work hours.
- Knowledge in carpentry and refrigeration is a plus.
- Ability to use efficiently various power and hand tools.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate efficiently and fluently in both written and oral form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Hold a valid driver's license.
Apply on company website