Location: Anyplace in OH near an Otterbein location
In keeping with our United Methodist tradition, we seek to enhance the quality of life and holistic growth of older persons by providing high quality service in a cheerful, timely manner and by communicating, coordinating, and cooperating with others to attain goals.
This position is designed to serve as an MDS Transition Nurse Leader when an opening occurs at any Otterbein location in the MDS Nurse Position. The MDS Nurse Leader will complete the MDS Nurse duties at assigned location. When an Interim role is not needed, then the MDS Nurse Leader will be assigned special projects by the VP Clinical Quality.
Travel: up to 100% depending on transition leadership needs.
- Lodging provided if over 1 hour commute from home.
- Effectively complete the MDS and Care Plans
- Discuss elder observations/concerns with appropriate coordinator.
- Generate/update Monthly MDS Calendar and Notification Process for Support Staff
- Provide coaching and direction to staff as needed.
- Discharge planning for residents/elders including home services upon discharge
- Complete the certifications and recertification's for residents/elders
- Facilitate the weekly Medicare/therapy Utilization Review Meetings
- Act as the therapy liaison
- Provide training materials to staff and team when appropriate
- Collaborate in the development of new processes, forms, and systems
- BE prepared and actively participate in the morning meetings
- Assist in the management of the survey process when required
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Licensure/Certification: Current OH RN license; RN license in IN a plus.
- Education: BSN
- Minimum 5 years' of MDS experience in long-term care//nursing home environment required.
Apply on company website