Otterbein SeniorLife is a vibrant, faith-based, not-for-profit ministry founded in 1912, serving older adults throughout Ohio. Otterbein provides a variety of lifestyle choices that respect independence, and enhance the quality of life and holistic growth of older persons. Otterbein SeniorLife Cridersville is known in the community for its high quality care. We offer a family-like environment and a comprehensive benefit package including: Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Paid Time Off; 401(k) with match; Tuition Reimbursement, free meal, Verizon discount, free usage of our fitness center and more!
Otterbein SeniorLife Cridersville has an employment opportunity for a part time housekeeper/laundry assistant. The housekeepers provide a clean, safe environment for residents, guests and employees. Laundry Assistants provide clean linen and personal clothing for residents and clean linen to other team members. They enhance the lives and nurture the growth of older persons by providing high quality service in a cheerful, timely manner and by communicating, coordinating, and cooperating with others to attain goals. Come be a part of a wonderful team that takes pride in serving our senior residents!
- Cleans furnishings, fixtures, ledges, windows, heating/cooling units, etc. by washing, dusting, or polishing as scheduled or assigned.
- Cleans floors by sweeping, vacuuming, dust mopping, or damp/wet mopping as scheduled or assigned.
- Empties trash, cleans trash receptacles, and transports trash to proper area.
- Reports burned out light bulbs, broken or defective equipment, other maintenance concerns, pest control problems, and other unsafe or unsanitary conditions to supervisor.
- Washes, drys and irons linens, garments, drapes and residents' personal laundry, then hangs personal clothes on hangers.
- Folds, counts, stacks, lifts, and hangs clean linen and personal clothing.
- Returns laundered items to the proper storage areas.
- Distributes personal laundry to resident rooms.
- Assures that an adequate supply of clean laundry/linen is maintained to meet the daily needs of residents and other departments.
- Interacts positively with residents, family members, guests, and personnel.
- Follows all established policies, procedures and regulations to assure that quality resident care is maintained.
- Communicates, coordinates, and cooperates with other team members.
- Maintains resident rights and confidentiality.
- Positive Attitude
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Previous Housekeeping and/or Laundry in long term care preferred, but not required
Apply on company website