“In keeping with our United Methodist traditions, we seek to enhance the quality of life and holistic growth of older persons.”
Does your current situation allow for you to:
- Work in faith-based (non-profit), mission driven, multi-faceted and innovative organization; national leader in elder care services?
- Have talented/clinically sound leadership?
- Serve as Director of Sales/Marketing; promoting the concept of liberating elders and those who serve them from the mindset of institutional care?
- Be part of a change adaptive organization?
What we look for you to bring:
Be a highly active/key Member of Otterbein Franklin leadership team.
Bring strong leadership to a dynamic marketing/sales and maximize each individual's best contributions within the team unit.
Represent Otterbein Franklin within the area community being a strong brand Ambassador.
- Optimize community census, financial results, and resident satisfaction for “Otterbein” independent living residences and healthcare beds
- Meet or exceed Otterbein-defined sales goals, census, admissions, activity metrics, etc.; responsible for the performance of the entire Marketing and Sales Team
- Develop, maintain and execute a detailed “Marketing and Sales Plan” – inclusive of programs to improve sales, collateral, public relations, advertising, internal and external events and programs, etc.:
- Develop and maintain sales funnels for independent living and healthcare prospects, and execute a series of events/activities to increase the number and quality of new prospects added to the top of the funnel, and the number and quality of prospects moved down through the funnel, ultimately to sales close/admission, and ongoing resident satisfaction.
- Plan and execute events and programs in conjunction with new product (residences, services, campus attributes) to improve the unique selling proposition and increase sales.
- Supervise the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing and sales staff and oversee their daily activities.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of service development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Develop and implement pricing strategies, balancing company and community objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Initiate market research studies, analyze findings and implement appropriate concepts and programs.
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure increased census of Otterbein services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
- Coordinate and participate in promotional activities (open houses) and public functions, working with the public, leadership, and potential residents/family members, to market and promote our services.
- Represent Otterbein at various public functions, such as open houses, senior center/chamber/church/etc. seminars or meetings, and answering questions posed by persons interested in Otterbein.
- Conduct tours for potential residents.
- Formulate, direct, and coordinates marketing and promotional efforts.
- Explains all issues related to residency including finances to potential residents.
- Keeps records of persons contacted and gathers personal information from persons who need further contact from Otterbein representatives.
- Work in conjunction with the Corporate Marketing Team, and the Otterbein resident events and program development teams; to optimize the Otterbein unique selling proposition, promote Otterbein's mission and objectives and create leverage throughout the organization.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Director of Sales and/or Marketing, with at least 5 years of experience in a continuing care retirement community, residence sales/sales management, or related fields, and with a passion for serving elders in a faith-based organization. The successful candidate will enjoy collaborating with community leadership and partners (fellow employees) to share the best methods for marketing and selling Otterbein value. The candidate should exhibit a strong track record with sales strategy and tactics, communicating available services, sales techniques, and census tracking systems. Minimum of a B.S. in Marketing, Business Management, Sales or equivalent experience preferred.
Behaviors: What does this person do to apply their skills?
- Uses strategic planning skills to manage sales and marketing direction for community.
- Collaborates with community leadership to share best practices and develop marketing and sales processes
- Educates and trains others to increase census
- Manages staff including hiring, performance evaluations, mentoring and supporting
- Drives change and adapts well to change (effective at multi-tasking and prioritizing assignments)
- Self-motivated - works independently without the need for constant supervision
- Assess and stays ahead of current market trends.
- Identifies areas of improvement to help enhance quality of living at Otterbein,
- Maintains composure and leads during stressful or crisis situations
- Effective at “Teamwork”
- Positive “Attitude”
- Shows “Accountability”
- Demonstrates “Cultural Awareness”
- Effective at “Stewardship” of company supplies, materials, resources, etc.
- Effective “Communicator”
- Actively “Participates”
- Effective “Problem-solver”
- Ability to “Learn & Work Cooperatively” with others
- “Professional” in appearance and behavior
- Committed to “Otterbein Ideals”
Characteristics: Top words that describe this person (motivation, personality)
- Self-driven –Personally responsible
- Networker- Relationship builder
- Resident and customer focused
- Goal Driven/Removes obstacles to obtain goals
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
- Warm/Down to Earth
Apply on company website