The Enterprise Data Architect will play a key role in the digital transformation of Pacific Life by defining the technical data architectures that will enable Pacific Life to maximize the creation of value from data. This role will reside in the Office of the CTO and will have enterprise-wide scope. This role is expected to be the Pacific Life subject matter expert on data centric technology to both the Business and IT. This position will oversee the architecture and system level design of the enterprise data ecosystem to: a) enable data engineering and management practices to integrate disparate data and make it available across the enterprise b) enable data science and analytics practices across Pacific Life.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Provide architecture design and development guidance to architects and developers across the enterprise to ensure designs and the resulting applications of data align with divisional and Pacific Life strategies and position Pacific Life well within the industry.
• Track data technology trends and their applicability to Pacific Life
• Incubate new data technologies within Pacific Life and plans how selected technologies should be implemented
• Provide input to senior management on the best use of data and its related technologies, along with associated limitations
• Provide input to portfolio management and technology roadmaps by recommending initiatives that balance tactical opportunities and strategic needs to close the gap between current and future state with respect to data technology and data management
• Set direction for developing, operating, and maintaining data centric IT solutions across Pacific Life
• Work across the enterprise to determine what divisional and enterprise data domains are required
• Work across the enterprise to ensure data solution architecture is consistent across different data domains
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
• 10+ years technical experience in database information systems, including experience in design, coding, testing, and systems maintenance
• 3+ years' experience in IT strategic and architecture planning
• 5-10 years' experience in insurance/financial services industry is a plus
• Demonstratable ability to relate architectural decisions and recommendations to business needs
• Demonstratable experience in designing and creating strong data management and engineering capabilities to enable data access across an enterprise
• In depth expertise in data related technologies including: Data management platforms, cloud-based data technologies, MDM, ETL, big data, data analytics and API's
• Strong communication skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex technical material to diverse audiences ranging from senior management to application developers
• Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills
• Demonstrated ability to train, mentor, and develop technical skills of staff
• Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees • Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) • Generous vacation time and holiday pay • And much more!
Apply on company website