Currently we are looking for an Information Security Manager of Engineering that will support the Pacific Life Enterprise Information Security Office (EISO) located in Newport Beach, CA. This position will work with various IT teams and business units to provide information security engineering services to the enterprise. You will work with the EISO operational team and other stakeholders to prioritize and deliver information security solutions. You should be familiar with modern security risks and controls and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity. This position will report directly to the CISO.
The Information Security Manager of Engineering will provide enterprise-wide information security services to the enterprise.
• Define, execute, and manage the Line 1 engineering delivery component of the Enterprise Information Security Office including Security Monitoring (Splunk), Incident Response, Vulnerability Management (Qualys), Cyber Threat Intelligence, Adversary Hunt, Information Protection (DLP, encryption, data masking, key management). Hands-on experience and the ability to provide oversight.
• Define, execute, and manage the Line 2 engineering compliance component of the Enterprise Information Security Office including Network Security, Platform/Enterprise Service Security (AWS, Azure, MuleSoft, 0365), Identity & Access Management, Middleware, Application Security, IT Asset Management). Ability to consultant and provide guidance in these areas.
• Design and deliver enterprise level security solutions and services as prioritized by the CISO and Cyber Defense team
• Manage end-to-end portfolio delivery in terms of schedule, cost, scope and quality; anticipate risks and issues that may arise during the delivery of the portfolio process and ensure that appropriate mitigation actions are in place
• Demonstrate accountability; lead people with passion, enthusiasm, loyalty and integrity
• Employee engagement, performance reviews and talent development. Manage up to 3 direct reports.
• Engage in resourcing processes to ensure organizational agility
• Act as a change agent, seeking opportunities to challenge the status quo to meet business objectives
• Design, measure and assess key performance metrics to inform data-driven decisions
• Socialize the value and importance of cybersecurity across IT areas, operating as an extended arm of the Enterprise Information Security Office
• Align with and support the execution of the Information Security Office Vision Strategy Execution and Management (VSEM) goals and objectives
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
• 8+ years of experience with information security, operational IT security, and supporting IT teams from an information security perspective
• 2+ years of hands-on secure cloud deployment experience with a focus on security (AWS, MuleSoft, Azure, 035 etc.)
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgement
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• General information security experience and knowledge of general security concepts, such as defense-in-depth, least privilege, security architecture and design, threat modeling, etc.
• Experienced in collaborating at all levels of an enterprise
• Creativity and initiative in work product, positive and helpful attitude proposing solutions to resolve problems
• Professional and technical certifications desired but not required such as CISM, CISSP or Cloud.
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees • Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) • Generous vacation time and holiday pay • And much more!
Apply on company website