Pacific Life is looking to invest in bright, agile new talent to ensure we continue to innovate and strengthen relationships with our policyholders. It's in this spirit that we are currently looking to add a skilled Network Security Engineer to our team in Newport Beach, CA, Omaha, NE or Lynchburg, VA.
As Network Security Engineer, you'll play a key role in Pacific Life's growth and long-term success by ensuring the risks to the organization's information posed by a variety of cyber threats are minimized. You'll also ensure that when security incidents occur, they are dealt with promptly and effectively, and that steps are taken to prevent them from reoccurring, as well as collaborating with our corporate security team to design and build security controls to protect our environment.
If you have significant experience securing global networks within a Fortune 500 environment, and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, you're exactly who we're seeking.
What You'll Do
- Implement products, platforms, software, hardware, or appliance-based solutions and security tools security tools (firewalls, data encryption, DLP, IPS, IDS, WAF, Web content filtering) related to network security; monitor the organization's networks for security breaches and investigates violations when they occur
- Offer technical information security consulting services to support business initiatives that require risk assessments of technology solutions, including Software as a Service (SaaS), web-based applications, custom internally developed applications, and COTS solutions
- Stay on top of the latest information technology security trends. Regularly attend conferences, professional association meetings, and technical symposia to remain aware of the latest information security technological developments
- Evaluate information system bug reports, threat intelligence, security exploit reports, and other information security notices issued by information system vendors, government agencies, universities, professional associations, and other organizations, and as needed, make recommendations to internal management and technical staff to take precautionary steps
- Utilize vulnerability assessment software and related tools to immediately highlight errors in systems configuration, the need for the update of software with fixes and patches, and other security related changes
- Perform administration of the centralized logging platform, maintain system integrity, install applications, develop custom dashboards to monitor security status of the environment and produce periodic reports of key performance indicators and key risk indicators to support cybersecurity metrics at the executive and operational levels
- Develop technical documentation describing the deployment, configuration, and management of shared, networked, and multi-user information security systems
- Participate in security incident response efforts by directing first responders to triage an event and performing advanced response actions for escalated events; participate in IT security audits; respond to existing audits and ensure required controls are implemented as required
- Build strong relationships outside of IT to understand business needs; communicate complex details in a way that people can understand; advocate for the end user and stakeholder by becoming associated with the products, empathizing with and understanding user needs
Tech & Tools You'll Use
Splunk administration, IPS and IDS administration, Web Application Firewalls, Active Directory and Group Policy Objects, Anti-virus administration consoles, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) systems, Windows and Linux operating systems and advanced cyber security toolkits
Factors for Success
- 5+ years of experience in IT, performing risk assessments, developing security plans, and developing Standard Security Configuration Guides or similar technical products
- Advanced technical skills and experience with the following: Splunk administration, IPS and IDS administration, Web Application Firewalls, Active Directory and Group Policy Objects, Anti-virus administration consoles, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) systems, Windows and Linux operating systems and advanced cyber security toolkits, malware analysis, penetration testing, and digital forensics tools
- An understanding of open-source and other tools to assist in detection, prevention and analysis of security threats, and a working knowledge of system functions, cyber security policies, and cyber security protection requirements
- Must have excellent communications skills, especially technical report writing
- One or more of the following certifications: GSEC, CEH, CISSP, CISA, GCIH, OSCP, AWS/Azure security
- B.S/MS in Engineering and/or Computer Science or equivalent experience
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees • Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) • Generous vacation time and holiday pay • And much more!
Apply on company website