Pacific Life is looking to invest in bright, agile new talent to ensure we continue to innovate and strengthen relationships with our policyholders. It's in this spirit that we are currently looking to add a credentialed actuary to join our Institutional Products Division.
As an actuary on the Institutional Division Pricing Projects team, you will play a key role in Pacific Life's growth and long-term success. You will be enhancing and automating pricing processes, evaluating new methods and tools in the market, managing and maintaining pricing models, and developing new products to serve this rapidly growing market.
*Location is flexible to include Newport Beach, CA, Omaha, NE, or full time remote.
*While our team aims to hire at the Assistant Actuary level, candidates who meet most but not all requirements are encouraged to apply. Actual job title will be based on experience and skillset.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with the Transaction Pricing team to automate pricing processes and expand modeling capabilities
- Conduct the feasibility analysis, design, and pricing of new products
- Coordinate with all stakeholders, including marketing/sales, investment management, valuation, risk management, legal, and operations, to balance the competitiveness, profitability, and risk score of new and existing products
- As the pricing liaison, support other areas through full product implementation
- Implement assumption and methodology changes to pricing models, complying with all model risk management standards,
- especially documentation and testing requirements
We're not simply looking for actuaries. Our teams search for professionals with intellectual horsepower who can build relationships outside of their team and bring fresh new ways of thinking to our collaborations. If you're a creative, mission-driven self-starter who's comfortable with ambiguity, and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, you're a perfect fit for our team.
Factors for Success
- Bachelor's in actuarial science, finance, mathematics or related field or equivalent work experience
- FSA with 6+ years of actuarial work experience, with a combined 3+ years of fixed annuity pricing, fixed annuity modeling, and pension valuation
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team, and to manage long-term projects
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience preparing presentations seeking management approval, especially in PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Advanced experience with Excel, with VBA.
- Experienced with programing languages and/or databases a plus
- Solid experience with actuarial modeling software, with MoSes or Prophet a plus
A career at Pacific Life is more than a job. You'll find those who work passionately each day to drive our company forward enjoy job security, flexible scheduling and great opportunities for career growth. If you're seeking a thriving career doing the type of meaningful work that's all too rare at a Fortune 200 Company, you're the perfect cultural fit for our team. See how we harness the Power of Pacific to fulfill our shared purpose – apply for one of our positions and grow your career with Pacific Life today!
Apply on company website