Pacific Life is looking to invest in bright, agile new talent to ensure we continue to innovate and strengthen relationships with our policyholders. It's in this spirit that we are currently looking for a Head of Advanced Analytics, Pensions to join our new Institutional Product Division.
As the Head of Advanced Analytics you will be accountable for creating and leading the analytics team for the Pensions product line. You will be a thought leader in advanced analytics, with the ability to drive insights and innovation, and convert those insights into strategic opportunities. You will work with the Head of Pensions Pricing, Head of Pensions Solutions, Head of Pensions, and other key stakeholders, which include product, distribution, valuation/experience analysis, marketing, operations, finance and IT to identify and develop analytics needed to gain insights into the business, identify drivers of performance, customer/distribution value, and areas for new opportunities, drive innovation and implement opportunities for business impact. You will be a key leader as we invest in rapidly growing the Pensions product line.
*Location is flexible allowing you to sit in either Newport Beach, CA, Omaha, NE or remotely.
*Our team is open to considering actuarial and non-actuarial candidates. Level is flexible between Director and AVP. Actual job title and offer will be based on experience and skill-set.
What You'll Do
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team, including data scientists, and actuaries to develop advanced analytics, including predictive modeling/machine learning algorithms and advanced statistical tools.
- Partnering with data science and infrastructure peers and operational managers throughout Pacific Life to identify data gaps, improve data quality, and share advanced modeling techniques and learnings.
- Building, developing and maintaining data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics that support and inform key business decisions.
- Add business value by leveraging the latest analytics tools and methodologies for projects ranging from risk selection to marketing optimization.
Our teams search for professionals with intellectual horsepower who can build relationships outside of their team and bring fresh new ways of thinking to our collaborations. If you're a creative, mission-driven self-starter who's comfortable with ambiguity, and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, you're a perfect fit for our team.
Factors for Success
- 10+ years experience with advanced analytics with proven record for delivery of data-driven insights to inform strategic decision making;
- Solid business acumen to put analytics in the appropriate context while identifying key metrics that measure and drive long term growth
- Proven leadership capabilities; 3+ years leadership experience preferred
- PhD (preferred) or MS in advanced analytics or quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Math or Engineering; FSA a plus
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques: GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, variable selection, etc.
- Demonstrated familiarity with machine/deep learning algorithms and techniques to support primarily supervised and reinforcement learning such as association rule learning, Bayesian networks, clustering, decision tree learning, gradient boosting, genetic algorithms, learning classifier systems, and support vector machines.
- Expert in data mining and pre-processing principles and collecting data from multiple data systems, classification, mapping, and structuring/staging.
- Experience with programming languages and statistical packages such as SQL, R, Python, SAS (code statements, models and macros), machine learning/cloud-based libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit, Kraken, Theano, NumPy, SciPy), tools such as Alteryx and Data Robot, and data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Experience with big data tools such as Teradata, Aster, Hadoop, etc.
- Deep understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills with demonstrated ability with both Proven presentation skills, executive presence, and managerial courage to speak at all levels within the organization
A career at Pacific Life is more than a job. You'll find those who work passionately each day to drive our company forward enjoy job security, flexible scheduling and great opportunities for career growth. If you're seeking a thriving career doing the type of meaningful work that's all too rare at a Fortune 200 Company, you're the perfect cultural fit for our team. See how we harness the Power of Pacific to fulfill our shared purpose – apply for one of our positions and grow your career with Pacific Life today! #LI-AI1
For more than 150 years, Pacific Life has offered our clients innovative products and services that help them to reach their financial goals and safeguard their futures. To ensure our next 150 years are as prosperous as our first 150, we're fostering a culture of shared values across our company by providing generous compensation and comprehensive benefits that allow our employees to find fulfillment and security in personal life and career alike. These include:
*Competitive salary and bonus program
*Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment to investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees
*Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid)
*Generous vacation time and holiday pay
For additional information about open positions and other opportunities to join our team, visit www.pacificlife.com/home/Careers.html.
Apply on company website