Currently, we are seeking a talented Senior Actuarial Analyst to join the Retirement Solutions Division based in Newport Beach, CA. The Retirement Solutions Division leverages its strengths in product development, technology, services and risk management to create retirement solutions for individuals, families, and businesses. With the guidance of financial professionals, customers have access to an array of annuities and mutual funds designed to help grow assets and to provide retirement income for financial independence.
As part of the Retirement Solutions Division's Risk Management team, you will be responsible for Variable Annuity risk projections for both GAAP and STAT reserves. You will work with the hedging and valuation team to ensure accuracy in the projection results.
- Maintain and run the quarterly risk projections model that projects balance sheets and income statements under various capital market and economic Risk Management scenarios.
- Provide support in annual financial plan projections by running the model and analyzing results.
- Effectively communicate the key drivers to management.
- Evaluate financial impacts of assumption changes and general modeling enhancements on risk management projections.
- Support various VA risk management responsibilities, including assessment of potential risk mitigation approaches or hedging strategies.
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and documentation of financial models and modeling processes in support of the Division's evolving VA risk management needs. Identify areas of potential improvements and recommend/implement solutions with emphasis on innovation, efficiency, and governance.
- Cross training within the team members for seamless transition.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- 4-year college degree in actuarial science or related field
- General understanding of annuities and capital markets
- Technically proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with R Studio a plus
- Ability to multi-task and is detail oriented
- Takes initiative with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with liability modeling systems
- 2-4+ years of actuarial experience
- 2-4+ Actuarial Exams
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees • Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) • Generous vacation time and holiday pay • And much more!
Apply on company website