Currently, we are seeking a talented Actuary to join the Retirement Solutions Division.
The Retirement Solutions Division leverages its strengths in product development, technology, services and risk management to create retirement solutions for individuals, families, and businesses. With the guidance of financial professionals, customers have access to an array of annuities and mutual funds designed to help grow assets and to provide retirement income for financial independence.
This position participates in the company's actuarial student rotation program, and it is on VA/FIA hedge strategies and operations team. Our team is responsible for developing, executing, and reporting of the Retirement Solutions Division's hedge programs.
Target level is for a Senior Actuarial Analyst with flexibility to consider candidates at other levels. Candidates who meet most but not all of the requirements are encouraged to apply. Actual job offer and title will be based on level of experience and skillset.
- Provide support on the development, implementation and operation of VA/FIA hedging programs
- Perform day-to-day operations and analysis of the hedging program in an efficient, timely and error-free manner
- Assist hedging performance and attribution reporting
- Assist with the implementation of new changes into the trading model and performance attribution reporting
- Provide support to evaluate potential hedging strategies
- Effectively communicate complex financial concepts and risk management solutions to audiences with varied levels of familiarity with capital markets and actuarial concepts
- Maintain active status in actuarial student program
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, finance, mathematics or related field or equivalent work experience
- Passed 2-4 exams toward the ASA designation
- 1+ years of actuarial experience in life insurance industry, annuities preferred
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and is detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Experience with Excel, VBA, and database (Access, SQL). Python/C# is a plus.
- Creativity and initiative in designing and improving processes
- Experience using MoSes or another actuarial modeling software is a plus
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees • Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) • Generous vacation time and holiday pay • And much more!
Apply on company website