Do you have a gift for caring for Seniors and are you looking to join a team that creates communities that feel like home? We are looking for compassionate and talented team members who have a passion for caring for our Residents. The Director Of nursing plans, organizes, develops and directs community clinical and medication programs in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act and within standards of clinical practice as defined by the American Nurses Association. Informs and works collaboratively with Executive Director regarding clinical concerns and compliance issues and makes recommendations for resolution. Directly supervises Manager of Assisted Living and Manager of Memory Care. Serves as a clinical resource for community staff. Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. is considered a leader and innovator in senior living.
SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
Director of Nursing Job Responsibilities:
- This position reports to the Executive Director
- The Manager of Assisted Living and Manager of Memory Care report directly to the Director of Nursing
- Wellness Nurses and medication administration team members report directly to the Director of Nursing
- In conjunction with the Executive Director recruit, select, supervise, mentor, educate, appraise and counsel Manager of Assisted Living, Manager of Memory Care, in addition to medication administration team members according to Spectrum policies, procedures and protocols
- Provide nursing care to residents, including but not limited to: Completion of health assessments, completion of resident Care Plans and reviewing them with resident family members and/or Power of Attorney, discussing changes in resident condition with physicians, introduce interventions to reduce falls based on individual resident needs, etc. Also provide medication administration and help with resident care, as needed
- Accountable for timely assessments and accurate care plans in the electronic health record, plus communication with Business Office Manager any additional cares given for accurate resident billing
- Direct resident well-being according to State regulations to ensure appropriate and acceptable standards of clinical care
- Direct the medication program according to State regulations to ensure appropriate and acceptable standards of care and adequate staffing
- In collaboration with Manager of Assisted Living or Manager of Resident Care and Manager of Memory Care, coordinate, complete, and/or review data reports and queries in compliance with Spectrum's Resident Care Quality & Analytics program and protocols
- In conjunction with the community's multidisciplinary nursing team, coordinate the resident admission process including screening, assessment and care needs to determine whether the community team can meet the prospect's required level of care
- Facilitate initial and ongoing training for medication administration team members as well as other community team members as necessary and as applicable based on State-specific regulations as well as Spectrum policies and procedures
- Determine delegation of clinical and medication service needs according to State-specific regulations
- Maintain a working knowledge of state regulations, policies and procedures, dictated for compliance
- Ensure ongoing assessment of resident changing needs to ensure appropriate and timely delivery of required services
- Monitor, audit and ensure that the medication system meets State-specific and community standards
- Maintain ongoing collaboration with pharmacy services to ensure effective and efficient medication procurement and delivery
- Implement, maintain, and monitor compliance of nurse delegation and limited nursing services system and documentation as required and/or allowed by State-specific regulation.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, MSDS, FDA and Fire Safety standards as it relates to clinical systems and resident care
- Review and coordinate completion of incident reports that are health or injury related and develop/monitor plans of correction in accordance with Spectrum policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective resident council, family council and support group meetings in accordance with State-specific regulations and Spectrum policies and procedures
- Maintain networks with external organizations that specialize in senior care issues to keep informed and up-to-date on current trends in treatment and research
Director of Nursing Educational Requirements:
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) preferred, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (Texas). Subject to state requirements
- Current Nursing License for the state where the community is located
- A Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Social Work, Psychology, Gerontology is preferred
Director of Nursing Work Experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years of management experience
- Has experience in community, acute, skilled or llong-term care settings. Possesses geriatric assessment skills. Is knowledgeable in geriatric and dementia care
- Has the ability to train staff and to assess systems and implement systems. Is organized and self-directed
- Enhanced qualifications: aadvanced certification in geriatric care
- Meet the State-specific qualifications and training for the position
- Must have basic computer skills – login/logoff, e-mail, documents, spreadsheets and entering data
- Demonstrate ability to schedule staff, orient staff, hold staff accountable to Human Resources policies, procedures, protocols
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
- Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401(K); PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
- Online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs.
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC and its affiliated companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA.
Apply on company website