Summary of Job Description:
The part-time temporary Receptionist is a first point of contact for guests, vendors, job applicants and other visitors; also handles incoming calls and conference room reservations. Performs the duties and responsibilities of the position consistent with the mission and values of Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. / Cherng Family Office.
You'll get a chance to:
- Greet and assist visitors
- Handle multiple calls (average of 5 calls a minute), including paging
- Work with Security to ensure no trucks over 40' get past front area and no one goes behind 2nd set of glass doors without proper identification.
- Ensure that Legal Department is advised when garnishments or other legal documents requiring signature are delivered to the front desk.
- Maintain front desk and lobby area to include straightening up the magazines and newspapers, sweeping up any plant debris, cleaning the glass doors, watering the Christmas tree (during the holiday season) and ensuring fruit bowls and stands are always full.
- Reserve conference rooms made via e-mail, catch any double bookings and resolve any room (schedule) conflicts.
- Maintain a magazine and newspaper spreadsheet with expiration dates, costs, and frequency schedule.
- Distribute and track reimbursement checks.
- Ensure (all) visitors receive Guest Badges and sign in our visitor registry book.
- Manage package tracking and distribution on a daily basis.
- Support miscellaneous administrative and clerical tasks and any special projects as needed.
How we reward you:
- 401K with company match
- Yearly bonus opportunity*
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance *
- On-site fitness center, biometric screen, and flu shot clinic
- Discounts at Panda restaurants, theme parks, and gym memberships
- Paid time off starting at 15 days with 7 federal holidays*
- Continuous education assistance and scholarships*
- Income protection including Disability, Life and AD&D insurance*
- Bereavement leave*
*Benefits available for eligible permanent full-time associates
Your background & experience:
- Minimum 1 year office experience preferable in large company (over 500 employees.
- College degree strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of PC software – Outlook, Word, Excel a must.
- High standard of customer service.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills necessary
- Friendly and customer-service oriented.
- Positive attitude.
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and maintain composure under stress.
- If hired, successful completion of annual store training.
- If hired, must provide proof of full vaccination on start date, unless prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Full vaccination means two weeks or more have passed after receiving the second dose in a two-dose series, or more than two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine. Examples of proof of full vaccination include an original, photocopied, or digital completed vaccination card that includes name, type of vaccine provided, and date of last dose administered.
Panda Strong since 1983
Founded in Glendale, California, we are now the largest family-owned American Chinese Restaurant concept in America. With close to 2,000 locations globally, we continue our mission of delivering exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives. Whether it's impacting our team or the communities we work in, we're proud to be an organization that embraces family values.
You're wanted here
We value diversity in all forms and know the strength it brings. Workplace equality allows for creative ideas to blossom, diverse points of view to be heard, and improves overall happiness. We like the sound of that.
Panda Restaurant Group, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, veteran status, you are welcome here.
Apply on company website