The Role Reporting to a Store Manager, you will help supervise a team of 5 to 15 that may include Customer Service Associates (CSAs) and Senior CSAs. This position includes aspects of both CSA and Store Manager: you'll spend a good deal of your time providing customer service, for example, and you'll also support scheduling, ordering and other managerial tasks.
Your specific responsibilities will fall into three main areas. In the area of customer service and site relationships, you will:
- Consistently provide prompt and courteous customer service, which may include assisting customers at the gas pump and helping to resolve customer issues.
- Accurately ring up all sales on POS system, complying with all cash handling procedures, including checks and other types of payment received for products sold.
- Develop positive and professional relationships with all suppliers.
- Assume responsibilities for all cash, monies, and inventory during your shift.
- Assume Store Manager responsibilities when needed.
- Prepare bank deposits, reports and paperwork during manager's absence or days off.
- Comply with company policies and store procedures.
- Assist in maintaining proper inventory levels and shift audits.
- Adopt, comply with and participate in all safety programs and training.
- Perform cleaning duties necessary to maintain site cleanliness inside and out, and basic upkeep and/or cleaning of all equipment on the site. Assist with identifying equipment problems. Quick question for you - click here
- Receive merchandise using proper check-in procedures when working with vendors.
- Conduct fuel surveys (driving in the local area to check competitors' prices).
- Maintain a professional and supportive image among subordinates and supervisor.
- Work with Store Manager to create, maintain and improve teamwork, and provide training assistance to new associates.
- Assist with scheduling staff working hours.
- Perform other duties as required.
The Requirements To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Assistant Store Manager opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Experience in customer-facing roles, including handling customer issues.
- Experience in retail sales and cash handling.
- Some supervisory or team leadership experience.
- A valid driver's license and reliable vehicle. Quick question for you - click here
- The ability to:
- Perform basic arithmetic operations accurately.
- Communicate verbally and in writing in English, including proficient telephone communication skills.
- Work with equipment, tools and materials as required.
- Stand and/or walk for an entire shift and lift up to 20 pounds.
- A strong commitment to safety guidelines.
In addition, you will need to be willing and able to cover nights and work double shifts if necessary. You may have to work six or seven days a week during a Store Manager's vacation. You'll earn overtime as appropriate.
Apply on company website