The Role Opportunity Overview
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, as Refinery Maintenance Technician, you will primarily work within the refinery to support operations and keep the facility running at peak performance. We have 40 miles of refined product pipeline serving the refinery which produces high-quality gasoline, distillates, fuel oil diesel, jet fuel and other products. While 95% of the time you will focus on the maintenance needs within the refinery, on occasion, you will also support basic pipeline maintenance, such as changing filters on the line. All of your work will be generated via a work order system. Typically, you will complete two to three work orders each shift.
You will work the day shift and complete your daily duties in conjunction with another Refinery Maintenance Technician. Daily duties could include, but will not be limited to, cleaning up the plant, fixing leaking or broken pipes, repairing or replacing exchangers, installing or repairing steam and condensate tubing, changing tanks and filters, insulation projects, and painting.
Specifically, you will:
- Receive orders from the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Organize your daily schedule to include all preparations for work including permits and JSAs.
- Maintain assigned work areas, vehicle and/or its equipment in a clean and orderly manner, performing housekeeping chores as required and/or directed.
- Follow, maintain and adhere to all safety rules, procedures and regulations.
- Follow all environmental procedures and report all safety and environmental incidents and concerns to your supervisor immediately.
- Use your strong mechanical and pipe fitting skills regularly, while doing your job.
- Strictly follow instructions, policies and procedures.
The Requirements The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong general craftsman with oil & gas, plant, mining or similar experience. We will also consider applicants with strong mechanical skills, a good attitude, and the drive and desire to learn who have alternative experience. Quick question for you - click here
To be a strong fit for the Refinery Maintenance Technician opportunity, you will have:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Mechanical and pipe fitting skills preferred
- Forklift certification or the ability to learn and operate forklifts and man lifts
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- A strong commitment to safety policies and procedures
- Computer skills, including ability to use Microsoft Office programs (Word & Excel) is a plus
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and with situations that involve customers, operations and emergencies.
- A valid driver's license and insurable driving record
- The ability to lift 60 pounds
- 20/40 vision or better, depth perception, full field; the ability to distinguish colors as required to perform duties
- Flexibility and dependability; the ability to work outside of your assigned shift, including weekends, holidays and evenings, as required
- Solid communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with team members throughout our organization
- Strong organization, prioritization and problem-solving skills; the ability to work well with deadlines
- Ability to work in difficult conditions and with situations that involve customers, operations and emergencies
- Self-discipline; the ability to work independently and as a strong member of the Maintenance Team
- A sense of urgency
The position may be exposed to heat, noise, humidity, altitude, smoke, fumes, dust, gases, hydrocarbons, paints, and solvents. You will need to wear personal protective equipment, which we will provide, including safety glasses, flame resistant clothing, earplugs, gloves, steel toe shoes, and a hard hat. We also provide respirators. Additionally, you must have the physical stamina to climb, squat, lift, stand, etc. You will be comfortable with heights and confined spaces. Quick question for you - click here
Quick question for you - click here
Pictured: Another of Par Pacific's operations is the largest and most complex refinery in Hawaii, on Oahu. It's part of an integrated statewide logistics system that includes 8 terminals, 3 barges and 27 miles of pipeline.
Apply on company website