The Role Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will join a team that includes 12 other engineers/designers who perform refinery engineering, design and inspection activities. You will provide process design, process control, and technical support for refinery operations and engineering projects. Areas of support will include crude distillation, hydrotreating, naphtha reforming, isomerization, asphalt blending, sulfur recovery units and refinery utility systems. Broadly speaking your process and project engineering duties will include:
- Performing process design associated with refinery improvements.
- Performing and/or managing all aspects of capital improvement projects from conceptual design through startup. Quick question for you - click here
- Providing technical support to refinery operating and maintenance personnel.
- Perform and/or manage all phases of engineering projects from conceptual studies, process design, cost estimating, detailed engineering, procurement, construction, through startup.
- Identify and develop refinery improvement projects.
- Develop economic justification for refinery improvements.
- Make recommendations for modifications to improve refinery operations.
- Prepare engineering specifications including instrument specifications, equipment specifications, construction specifications and bid packages.
- Assist with design and implementation of new distributed control systems (DCSs).
- Perform process optimization studies.
- Participate in process hazard analyses.
- Administer and/or manage assigned refinery engineering/inspection programs.
- Perform equipment inspections.
- Solicit and evaluate bids for equipment and construction.
- Provide technical support to other refinery departments (Operations, Maintenance, Environmental, Safety).
- Monitor and evaluate process unit performance.
- Utilize simulation software to identify and debottleneck unit constraints.
Pictured: USOR has earned a reputation as a premier supplier of marine fuels in the Puget Sound area. In addition, our deepwater marine terminal on Commencement Bay also handles crude oil, gasoline, jet fuel, diesel and vacuum gas oil.
The Requirements To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Senior Process Engineer opportunity, you will have:
- A bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering. Quick question for you - click here
- Solid experience in process industries involving distillation, fluid hydraulics and heat transfer is required; experience in refineries is preferred, but petrochemical and other process industry experience are acceptable.
- Strengths in design and project management are strongly preferred.
- The ability to independently evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership and follow-through.
- The ability to achieve goals independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization abilities.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Apply on company website