Make an Impact in Financial Reporting and Beyond
If you're ambitious, curious, and eager to expand your financial reporting skills, this position in our City Centre headquarters in Houston offers you some compelling opportunities!
As the Senior Financial Reporting Analyst, you will report directly to the Financial Reporting Manager and be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the FCCS application and the execution of the monthly consolidation process. You'll help collect information, update workbooks, and manage the consolidation process. In addition to your consolidation activities, you will be the primary person responsible for updating financial information within our internal and external reports such as the 10-Q, 10-K, QFR, and earnings release. Additionally, you will assist with the preparation of internal reports, external reports, and PBCs for external auditors, as needed.
- Manage the consolidation and close process using Oracle FCCS
- Extract and load trial balances, record consolidation entries, and run financial reports
- Maintain FCCS applications — update dimension hierarchy by adding accountings, profit centers, etc.
- Draft, edit, and ensure adequate support is maintained for SEC 10-Q and 10-K filings
- Prepare governmental forms as needed
- Prepare analytics and PBCs
- Prepare post-close entries in HFM
- Assist with earnings release preparation
- Prepare monthly internal reporting reports and solicit information and analysis from the various parties who provide us information
Periodic responsibilities as needed:
- Assist with integration and other special projects
- Assist with system migrations and conversions
- Provide training and assistance on Workiva and FCCS
- Assist with bank reporting or stand-alone financials
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
- 3-5 years of SEC/Reporting experience in the oil/gas industry
- or 3-4 years of Big 4 experience
- or a combination of both (2 years Big 4 + 2 years industry)
- Legal authorization to work permanently in the United States without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship
- Master's degree and CPA designation (or parts passed / CPA candidate) is preferred
Just as important will be the following competencies and characteristics:
- Strong initiative to research issues, develop potential solutions, and effectively partner with other business areas to drive issue
- Solid analytical skills
- Excellent follow-up skills
- An organized approach and attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and interdependently
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and strong verbal and written communication abilities
- We'll look to you to be flexible about putting in extra hours and working on weekends on occasion, such as during quarter end and year end
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: PARR), headquartered in Houston, Texas, owns and operates market-leading energy and infrastructure businesses. Par Pacific's strategy is to acquire and develop energy and infrastructure businesses in logistically complex markets. Par Pacific owns and operates one of the largest energy networks in Hawaii with 148,000-bpd of combined refining capacity, a logistics system supplying the major islands of the state and 91 retail locations. In the Pacific Northwest and the Rockies, Par Pacific owns and operates 60,000-bpd of combined refining capacity, related multimodal logistics systems and 33 retail locations. Par Pacific also owns 46% of Laramie Energy, LLC, a natural gas production company with operations and assets concentrated in Western Colorado.
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web posting.
Follow this link to learn more about the value of Human Capital at Par Pacific Holdings, Inc. https://esg.parpacific.com/human-capital#professional-impact
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Par Pacific prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website