Enjoy Great Benefits and an Employee-Friendly Culture at a
Fast-Growing Operator of C-Stores across the Pacific Northwest
You may not know the Par Pacific name, but we operate 33 Cenex Zip Trip convenience stores and two Taco John's locations in Washington and Idaho. That means we can offer both full-time jobs with career potential and part-time jobs that fit into your busy life. Why work with us?
- Be part of the multi-state team that keeps America moving: Our company is involved at multiple key points in delivering fuel to America, from refining crude oil to distributing refined products to commercial and retail sales in the community.
- Give your neighbors friendly, smiling service and make their lives a little easier, and satisfy their hunger.
- Enjoy great compensation and a family-like culture. We welcome and encourage input from all employees, and you'll become part of a team that includes hardworking and creative professionals who love to win.
- Pursue career opportunities in food service, marketing/retail, oil refining, logistics and other areas of a growing company across multiple states.
To meet the basic qualifications for this role you will be at least 16 years of age. In addition, to be a strong fit for the Team Member opportunity, you will have:
- Some customer service experience, ideally in a QSR or other service-oriented environment; cash handling or food service experience is preferred. We are also willing to train candidates who are eager to learn and build their skills with Taco John's and Par Pacific.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- A friendly, outgoing personality and a commitment to excellent customer service.
- The ability to:
- Obtain a food handling card.
- Perform basic math accurately.
- Verbally communicate in English.
- Work various shifts as scheduled, and arrive on time.
- Work with equipment, tools and materials as required.
- Perform essential duties and work in the conditions as described.
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
- Willingness to learn any position, from cashier to prep to making food.
- A strong commitment to safety guidelines.
Reporting to the Manager, Assistant Manager and/or Team Leader, you will provide outstanding customer service and may be responsible for:
- Taking orders and confirming each order with the customer placing that order.
- Cashier duties, including accurately ringing up customers and taking payment (cash, debit or credit card).
- Answering questions about the menu.
- Food preparation, either on the line, or first shift general prep.
- Bagging and presenting orders to the customer.
- Replenishing supplies (lids, straws, utensils, condiments, etc.).
- Cleaning tables, throwing away trash, etc.
- Receiving/unloading stock.
- Resolving customer complaints and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- General housekeeping duties such as sweeping, mopping, wiping down work areas
- The ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift.
- Frequent squatting and kneeling required for obtaining and/or replenishing items.
- Ability to push/pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e. utilizing a hand-truck).
- Frequent lifting of 20 pounds or less from floor to waist, overhead, and carry a short distance.
- Sometimes required to lift in excess of stated conditions up to 50 pounds.
- 20/40 vision or better (corrective lenses acceptable), depth perception, full field; the ability to distinguish colors as required to perform duties.
- Ability to hear (hearing aids acceptable) customers' orders and communicate to the team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
If this sounds like the right combination of challenge and opportunity, and you meet the qualifications, we look forward to hearing from you.
Full-time or part-time work positions available. There may be exposure to gas fumes and solvents, and occasional noise. Work environment is a non-smoking and drug-free setting.
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: PARR), headquartered in Houston, Texas, owns and operates market-leading energy and infrastructure businesses. Par Pacific's strategy is to acquire and develop energy and infrastructure businesses in logistically complex markets. Par Pacific owns and operates one of the largest energy networks in Hawaii with 148,000-bpd of combined refining capacity, a logistics system supplying the major islands of the state and 91 retail locations. In the Pacific Northwest and the Rockies, Par Pacific owns and operates 60,000-bpd of combined refining capacity, related multimodal logistics systems and 33 retail locations. Par Pacific also owns 46% of Laramie Energy, LLC, a natural gas production company with operations and assets concentrated in Western Colorado. Follow this link to learn more about the value of human capital at Par Pacific Holdings, Inc.: https://esg.parpacific.com/human-capital#professional-impact
Note: Par Pacific will not accept calls from third-party recruiters. All candidates are required to apply through this web posting.
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply on company website