Do you have a gift for caring for Seniors and are you looking to join a team that creates communities that feel like home? We are looking for compassionate and talented team members who have a passion for caring for our Residents. The Cook is responsible for delivering services provided by the Dietary Department and providing high quality food preparation, plate presentation, and prompt service to all residents. The Cook must possess general knowledge of and demonstrate proficiency in various food preparation techniques, serving methods, portion control standards, and general nutritional requirements for residents of retirement housing communities.
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. is considered a leader and innovator in senior living. SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
Cook Job Responsibilities:
- A big smile, eagerness to learn, and compassion for our Residents
Under the direction of the Director of Food and Beverage, direct and participate in food preparation, following standard recipes and special diet orders. Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that quality, temperature, and food appearance are preserved
Work within all budge guidelines, safety and sanitation standards and policies
Promptly discuss and resolve any potential food service and care coordination problems with all involved team members and team leaders
With DFB, manage all aspects of food and supply management including, securing items in time for food prep, ensuring leftovers are stored, then used, and inventories maintained – all according to Spectrum Dietary Standards and Policies
Keep assigned work station in a safe and sanitary condition and be familiar and comply with all state and local health department practices, safety practices, and infection control practices
Maintain acceptable standards of personal hygiene and comply with department dress code.
- Set up, break down and clean your work area/kitchen according to the Spectrum Dietary Standards and Policies
Cook Educational Requirements:
High School diploma (or equivalent) required
- Culinary training preferred, or extensive cooking and production experience
Cook Work Experience:
- At least two years' previous experience in all stations of kitchen, hotel, restaurant, or related operation preferred
Food preparation skills adequate to prepare the required menu cycles
Knowledge of sanitation and safe food handling standards
Ability to communicate and read recipes, production charts, and complete required documentation on shift
Ability to handle multiple tasks and work within time requirements
Strong customer service attitude/presentation
Caring and compassionate towards others
Interest in and previous experience with older adults highly preferred
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
- Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401(K); PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
- Free lunch with various shifts; on the job training; online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC and its affiliated companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA.
Apply on company website