Thank you for your interest in working at our community. For a quick apply now, please email your resume or overview of your work experience and indicate which position you are applying for to: email@example.com.
Do you have a gift for caring for Seniors and are you looking to join a team that creates communities that feel like home? We are looking for compassionate and talented team members who have a passion for caring for our Residents. The Resident Assistant provides assistance to residents in a manner that meets or exceeds facility expectations. You may be required to respond to emergency calls and situations; document and report care provided; and transport residents to various functions or locations. Familiarity and willingness to work with elderly population is essential for this role. Previous experience with medication assistance preferred.
Shift Hours Weekday Evenings 2 pm - 10 pm, every other weekend
Active State of Kansas CNA License required
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC is considered a leader and innovator in senior living. SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
Resident Assistant Job Responsibilities:
- A big smile, eagerness to learn, and compassion for our Residents
- May be asked to provide assistance to residents in Memory Care, Assisted Living, or both
- Provide stand-by assist (or reminders) with activities of daily living such as grooming, oral hygiene, bath/shower, hair, and maintaining the personal environment (i.e., clothing, linen, personal belongings with the apartment)
- Regularly review, follow, and adhere to the residents' care plans
- Provide information, encourage, and participate with residents in memory care community activity focused care programs
- Transport residents within the community to other departments and/or functions
- Respond to emergency calls, resident/visitor's requests and correct environment hazards in a timely, appropriate and safe manner
- Document and report care provided and resident observations including unusual or significant changes in physical, mental or behavioral conditions
- Obtain/perform vital signs and heights and weights
- Know-how and be able to respond to emergency needs such as designed by community policies
- Attend in-service training
- Observe community policies and procedures regarding attendance, timeliness, house rules, teamwork, customer service and other policies/ procedures that may be introduced from time to time
- Maintain resident confidentiality
- Know and comply with all Resident Rights
- Adhere to Universal Precautions and Infection Control procedures
- Interact/assist residents and other disciplines/departments
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Resident Assistant Educational Requirements:
- Minimum requirement of high school diploma or equivalent
- Completes all state educational requirements for the position. Attendance at monthly in-services required for position. Receives and maintains First Aid certification, Heimlich maneuver training and Food Handlers Card
- CPR certification preferred
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
- Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401(K); PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
- Free lunch with various shifts; on the job training; online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC and its affiliated companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA.
Apply on company website