Park Summit is a beautiful community in Coral Springs, FL, with more than 270 units offering independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing care.
Five Star Senior Living seeks individuals who believe in our core values of putting people first, minding the business, working to be our best, acting with integrity, and listening - then acting decisively. Each and every role within Five Star is important to the success of our business goal to enhance the lifestyle of seniors.Key Responsibilities
At this time, we are seeking a Director of Nursing to lead our clinical team to the Skilled Nursing Facility! If you possess these core values, we would like to hear from you!
- Overall direction, coordination and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to the residents
- Plans, coordinates and manages the nursing Department
- Ensures that nursing interventions meet the personal, physical and cognitive needs of each resident as well as maximize his/her self-care capacities, identity, independence, choice and opportunity for social interaction.
- Supports and practices the philosophy, objectives and standards of the Department of Nursing and participates in the revision of these as necessary to ensure quality care to all residents.
- Coordinates interdisciplinary resident care management efforts.
- Ensures effective and efficient organization and staffing of the nursing department.
- Knowledge of general nursing theory and practice that includes a basic knowledge in Geriatric Nursing.
- Familiarity with State and Federal Regulations
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- BSN degree highly desired.
- 3 years experience in Geriatric Nursing, including management responsibilities
- Must possess a current, unencumbered license to practice as a RN in the State.
- Must possess current CPR Certificate.
- Additional certification in nursing specialty of Geriatrics is desirable.
- Director of Nursing , DON, DNS – Director of Nurses, Resident Care Director, Resident Services Director, Director of Clinical Services, Registered Nurse, RN, Clinical Services Director, Skilled Nursing, SNF, Long Term Care, LTC.
DaytimeAbout Five Star
Five Star Senior Living Inc., a national healthcare and senior living provider headquartered in Newton, Massachusetts, proudly offers the highest quality service and care with the warmth and hospitality of home. Founded in 2000, Five Star has two major operating division: Five Star Senior Living and AGEILITY Physical Therapy Solutions.
The Five Star Senior Living division includes more than 280 Independent Living, Assisted Living, Alzheimer's/Memory Care, Healthcare Centers with Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation and Continuing Care Retirement Communities. With communities in over 30 states and more than 25,000 team members, Five Star is committed to maximizing our residents' independence and enhancing their lifestyles.
The Ageility division provides both inpatient and outpatient services to over 150 communities. These services are provided both within Five Star and to customers externally. We offer Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy Services. Our specialty programs includes our Step up to Stop falls Program, "Connections" our memory care therapy program, and our executive functioning program that focuses on cognitive strategies aimed at keeping our residents independent in areas such as medication management and house hold functions.
Five Star prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee with regard to or on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. In addition to federal requirements, Five Star complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has communities and/or facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
In addition, Five Star expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, ancestry, sex, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender), sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, military status, certain criminal records, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), HIV testing, a personal admission to a facility for the care and treatment of a mentally ill person and taking of parental leave or membership in any other category protected by applicable law. We will not tolerate harassment of employees in the workplace, or in other settings in which employees may find themselves in connection with their employment. Improper interference with the ability of Five Star's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination harassment or retaliation, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any federal, state, or local law is prohibited and will not be tolerated.
Apply on company website