Parsons is seeking a Bridge Designer for our rapidly expanding Bridge practice. If you want to be part of a dynamic and innovative team working on large, marquee bridge projects that change the urban fabric of communities, this opportunity is for you. We are looking for candidates with the ability to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills. This position independently performs and/or supervises complex highway and/or railroad bridge design and detailing tasks.
Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your knowledge and developing technical skills will propel your career forward. We need our Designers at this level typically takes engineering notes, specifications, rough sketches, etc., and formalizes them into working drawings.
- Utilizes a CAD workstation to prepare engineering drawings consisting of basic arrangements, layouts, flow sheets, assemblies, isometrics, etc., from rough sketches and/or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Utilizes technical manuals and directives to ensure compliance with codes and company policies.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 5-8 years of relevant discipline (structures/bridge) experience
- 2-year technical degree or certificate of completion in CAD design from an accredited technical institution
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- 3D CAD modeling experience preferred
- Knowledge of local agency standards preferred
- ProjectWise experience preferred
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Apply on company website