Director of SOX Compliance
Why Join Parsons?
Parsons provides complex, solution-oriented services for the defense, intelligence, security, and smart cities markets. Our purpose is to Deliver a Better World. We do this with digitally-enabled defense, security and infrastructure solutions. These solutions respond to opportunities created by disruptive technology, expanding global population, urbanization, aging infrastructure and security challenges.
This is a key leadership position in the Corporate Controllership organization responsible for leading the implantation of Sarbanes-Oxley program and on-going compliance thereafter across the Company. This position will report directly to the SVP, Chief Accounting Officer. This position will be responsible for leading a global team in the compliance, monitoring and optimization of the internal control structure over financial and regulatory reporting. The individual will serve as subject matter expert over Financial Reporting risk and the SOX compliance program and will present recommendations in various committee forums, including the Company's Audit Committee and Disclosure Committee. In addition to compliance, the role will be focused on continuous improvement related to the tools, processes, and procedures in the SOX area and synergies with operational excellence processes. This position can be based in one of our major offices.
- Implement Company's compliance with all aspects of SOX section 404 including quarterly disclosure procedures and annual certification of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Map all business process to financial statements and perform annual Scoping Exercise.
- Developing narratives and risk control matrices.
- Develop and execute test plans to assess the effectiveness of internal controls.
- Work with internal audit in analyze results of control testing.
- Develop plans to correct controls weaknesses and monitor implementation.
- Develop written reports for Senior Management, Board of Directors and the Disclosure Committee
- Responsible for ownership of the consolidated SOX compliance function including the review of the CAO
- Working with auditors during quarterly and year-end closes including providing comprehensive results of compliance with controls.
4-year degree in Accounting, 15+ overall work experience, 10+ years of related work experience, 4 + years in public accounting experience (Big 4 preferred) and CPA (required). Prior experience with complex modeling, forecasting, and analysis. Experience with the engineering and construction industry is desired, although not required.
A superior understanding of Operational Risk and Control Mitigation, including recently updated COSO Framework, Internal Audit approaches and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 is required. Also requires excellent written and oral communication skills, a proficiency in PC software packages typically associated with modeling, financial analysis and accounting, and demonstrated managerial experience._
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Apply on company website