Engineer Intermediate Huntsville, AL
You have a responsive and flexible approach to working with people.
Priorities can readjust pretty quickly here and what might be on top of the list at one moment, can be less important at another moment. The quality of adapting to those changes is of importance in this role in our organization. Our organization is successful in part because of the way we respond to demands in a timely, responsive fashion. And it's that quality which we seek and admire in our staff. If you're proud of the way you respond to changing priorities, we want to hear from you.
Parsons is seeking an Intermediate Engineer to provide programmatic, technical, and analytical support to the Missile Defense Agency Ground-Based Midcourse Defense Redesigned Kill Vehicle (GMV) test team. Individual will support RKV testing through all phases of its life cycle. Travel will be required.
This position requires a highly motivated intermediate analyst/engineer to be part of a team of dedicated professionals in support of GMV in Huntsville, AL. GMV is responsible for the development, testing, fielding and maintaining an enhanced kill vehicle sub-system of the GMD Element Ground Based Interceptor program.
- Supports the GMV Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead integrator to assign, coordinate, track and report action item status and tasking across the IPT as directed by the IPT Manager.
- Work closely with engineers, technicians, and analysts and provide accurate reporting of test operations to the GMV Project Office.
- Lead/Conduct/Participate in executive level briefings, meetings, and requests for information. Support management in schedules, coordinating travel, facilitating staff meetings, and disseminating information.
- Develop and brief GMV inputs at weekly test meetings with GM leadership, GM Prime Contractor, and DT leadership.
- Lead/Conduct/Participate in GMV Test Design Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews, Technical Interchange Meetings, Mission Data Reviews, and Post-test Analysis Briefings.
- Provide surveillance, oversight, coordination and status reporting for various activities to include but not limited to requirements review and verification changes for software and firmware impacts; traces reviews to/from software and firmware requirements specifications; provide feedback where appropriate to modify or correct requirements on the software and firmware; and provide status on the integration activities for the payload including Hardware in the Loop (HIL) and Computer in the Loop (CIL) integration and RKV Simulation model.
- Coordinate/Collaborate with MDA DT, GMT, GME, GMG, GMB, other MDA test organizations, and MDA-external organizations to facilitate the RKV Interceptor portion of the ground test, fight test, and cyber test events.
- Coordinate/Collaborate with the GM Prime Contractor test team to ensure RKV readiness to support Ground and flight test events to include review of test documentation, checklists, and procedures; support GMV test issue resolution and open paper disposition.
- BS/MS degree in Engineering or Computer Science (or related field), and 5+ years of related work experience with at least 2 years' experience as a system engineer.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Secret Clearance
Parsons has been a leader, innovator, and change agent for 75 years. Over this period, our industry has undergone continual change and we have been, and continue to be, proactive in taking advantage of the opportunities presented by change. The pace of adaptation of transformational technologies such as artificial intelligence, cloud computing, robotics, and big data analytics in our markets offers Parsons exciting opportunities to solve complex challenges for our customers in new and different ways.
Ready to become one of our influencers?
Apply on company website