Ready for a challenge that will keep you on the cutting edge of cybersecurity? Parsons works on top level cybersecurity for national defense programs and is hiring experienced Systems Engineers to help with our customer's data modeling and standardization needs which will optimize how they conduct missions.
Parsons' extensive experience in the cleared space, combined with your advanced technical knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. Training, development and opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fastpaced business grow and evolve. We need our Engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new challenges across the full stack as we continue to push cyber security and defense forward. In this role you will analyze existing systems and define, design, develop, and enforce implementation of solutions. You will be a member of a team comprised of system engineers and application and hardware engineers/developers for the design of unique subsystems that will be ultimately integrated into the overall operating system.
- Conduct problem identification and requirements analysis
- Analyzes and identifies data and metadata requirements.
- Sets standards for how data is to be represented in corporate databases.
- Conducts data modeling enabling activities including the development of the Logical Data Model, Data Dictionary, Physical Data Models, data format specifications, model releases, data harmonization and mapping across the data models
- Research and document process workflows and data flows.
- Designs, implements, and supports data warehousing requirements and enforce processes to ensure a consistent, well-managed, and well-integrated data warehouse infrastructure.
- Maintains data maps and systems interrelationship diagrams for data domains and systems.
- Facilitate decision making meetings and analytic exchanges
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers and stakeholders in the information systems function.
- Maintains database knowledge models and database knowledge model dictionaries, and monitors standards and data input procedures.
- Experience championing the usage of data in the corporate knowledge stores and communicates the benefits and return on investment for consumers, application and product owners.
- Seventeen (17) years' experience in systems engineering and/or software engineering in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Within the twelve (12) years' of work experience, four (4) years must be as a Data Modeler or Data Architect and four (4) years in the information assurance and/or cybersecurity field.
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Systems, or Computer Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college may be substituted for five (5) years of Data Modeler or Data Architect experience.
- A Master's degree may be substituted for two (2) years of overall experience, thereby reducing the total years of experience in systems and/or software engineering to ten (10) years.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Apply on company website