Senior Electrical Engineer
Parsons is one of the world's largest transportation planning, engineering, and construction firms. We have an extensive portfolio of diverse transportation projects including rail and transit, road and highway, bridge and tunnel, and aviation infrastructure. Parsons expertise encompasses all phases of transportation engineering operations - from the initial planning stage through final design, construction, and commissioning. Parsons has the people and power to move the world.
We are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer in our rapidly expanding Transport Division. Our Electrical Engineers support a diverse project portfolio including rail and transit stations, facilities, utility work, tool booth and gantries. If you have a broad background in electrical and design and want to be part of a dynamic and innovative team working on large, transportation projects that change the urban fabric of communities, this opportunity is for you. We are looking for candidates with the ability to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills. This position performs advanced level electrical engineering design and construction supervision and support services tasks. This position will be based in Parsons New York City Office.
With minimal supervision you will be expected to perform conventional and complex electrical engineering assignments applying electrical engineering design techniques and analyses. The position also entails supervising the work performed by other electrical engineers on staff, assisting in the assignment of electrical engineering tasks to staff, and coordinating electrical work with other disciplines (structural, mechanical, civil).
Prepare detailed calculations, drawings, technical specifications, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, cost estimates, detailed analyses and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes.
- Typical design tasks include but are not limited to:-
- Low and Medium Voltage electrical distribution systems including protective relaying.
- Facility Electrical systems design
- Lightning Protection and Grounding. Surge protection.
- Standby power generation. Uninterruptible power supplies.
- Utilizes related work and utilities relocation
- Lighting, conduit routing and HVAC relate work
- Travel to supplier, client, or construction site locations to inspect various facets of work and to perform acceptance testing.
- Perform stage and final inspection of electrical equipment and installations both new and existing installations. Write inspection reports and design studies.
- Frequently interface with other Engineering disciplines as well as other departments. Coordinate electrical work with other disciplines.
- Review supplier drawing submittals, respond to field requests for information.
BS degree in Electrical Engineering required.
8 + years of heavy industrial/facilities electrical design related experience. (individuals working for utility companies, industrial buildings or related facilities are encouraged to apply)
Registration as a Professional Engineer strongly preferred.
Electrical Engineering Design experience with Transportation projects highly desired
Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications, be totally familiar with construction-related processes related to area of assignment, and have the potential to perform in a lead capacity.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Apply on company website