Senior Project Manager – Post Completion Projects and Events
Abu Dhabi, UAE
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for:
- Development of the project business case to the satisfaction of the business sponsor
- Delivery of business benefits identified in the project business case
The Senior Project Manager is also responsible for development and scheduling of the project work breakdown structure and the co-ordination of:
- Design & Creative Activities
- Engineering and construction coordination
- Project Governance
- Contractual & Procurement Governance
- Tracking of project benefits
- Performance of the assigned project within time, cost, quality and safety specifications.
The Senior Project Manager serves as the owner representative on the ground on a day-to-day basis and ensures the quality of execution and compliance with timelines, milestones and project objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Project Manager will:
- Develop and maintain the project business case to the satisfaction of the business sponsor
- Develop and maintain a project execution plan detailing plans to manage benefits, time, cost, quality and safety effectively
- Manage professional consultants to ensure that design work remains on schedule, within budget and expectations.
- Coordinate design phase activities/deliverables with the sponsor, professional consultants, procurement function and contractor
- Chair and conduct design progress and coordination meetings, preparing agendas, coordinating presentation material and preparing meeting minutes for same.
- Approve consultant application for payments, monitor progress, ensuring the design schedule is being met, and performing QA audits of the design consultants to ensure design quality.
- Ensure timely issuance of multiple construction tender packages.
- Coordinate the construction phase activities/deliverables with the Engineer/CMA/CMR (if any): progress and coordination meetings, preparing agendas, coordinating presentation material and preparing meeting minutes for the same.
- Coordinate constructability reviews, value engineering exercises and construction submittal reviews by consultants.
- Manage construction contracts to assure construction remains on schedule, within budget, achieves quality standards and meets the safety goal of zero tolerance.
- Manage, coordinate, and make recommendations on variations relating to design and construction.
- Ensure project handover planning is coordinated with stakeholders.
- Manage and coordinate testing, commissioning and turnover of facilities to end users.
- Manage validation of record documents and post-occupancy evaluations.
- Interface with internal support functions (varies depending on project phase/stage)
- Report to ORAT lead and PMO with project updates as required
- Provide reports to and receive guidance from Project Team Leaders
- Interface with the Client and external stakeholders as required by project characteristics
- Manage CMA, and/or other 3rd party contractors/consultants as required
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum BS degree in Architecture or relevant field to project management, design, construction, or engineering discipline.
- Minimum ten years of experience in a design, construction and/or project management role at large-scale projects. Management experience on an airport project, theme park or museum would be ideal.
- Knowledge in Architecture and Interior Design
- Professional affiliation / registration to relevant internationally recognized authority
- Expert level of project management skills specific to large-scale program delivery
- Proven leadership ability
- Proven delivery ability
- Excellent verbal and writing skills with very good command of the English language, and attention to detail.
- Mature emotional intelligence
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Apply on company website