Assistant Manager Finance & Administration - 190000HH
My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we are always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Assistant Manager, Finance and Administration for our Orlando District office located in Orlando, Florida
• Manage and direct tender contract reviews.
• Ensure risk is identified on all pre-tender information and managed effectively
• Review contracts language at bid/proposal stage to ensure risks are understood
• Interpret and highlight onerous contractual terms and assists with negotiating a fair contract
• Manage and direct subcontractor and consultant contract negotiations.
• Interpret, negotiate and approve deviations from existing subcontract form, including specialty clauses and ensure risk is mitigated.
• Coordinate resolution of disputes as required.
• Manage and direct contract assembly and execution.
• Prepare contract documents, ensures agreements are executed and provides expertise as required when resolving contract disputes
• Works closely with senior management and operations staff on strategic finance and administration matters to achieve required financial results
• Trains, supervises, mentors and coaches finance and administration staff to maximize performance to continually achieve improved service and results
• Conduct quality career development discussions with employees.
• Manage the closeout of project process from a risk and accounting perspective to ensure timely execution of the closeout while maximizing the financial results.
• Manage and direct contract insurance and security requirements for owners and subcontractors.
• Evaluate and ensures bid and contract security as well as insurance requirements are being met to satisfy contract and corporate requirements and place bonds and insurance as necessary
• Review monthly forecasting, district recoveries, project recoveries and various reconciliations
• Mentor and guide operations staff where applicable through the monthly operations reporting process and provide assistance where applicable during the forecasting period to properly report financial results in accordance with the PCL policies.
• Oversee and assume responsibility for, district financial reporting, including monthly operations reporting, quarterly financial reporting, mid-year/year end business planning, district review and financial accounting year end; delegates tasks and responsibilities accordingly to ensure all is completed accuracy and within required deadlines.
• A Bachelor's degree or diploma in a Business, Finance, or Construction Management is required.
• Law degree or MBA is a plus.
• 5-10 years of progressive financial and/or management experience in the construction industry w/ commercial construction experience preferred.
• 2-3 years of experience with reviewing, understanding and negotiating owner, subcontractor and consultant contract terms.
• 2-3 years of bid, contract securities and insurance as it relates to risk management, pricing and accounting.
• Strong financial management acumen; advanced knowledge of accounting procedures and protocols, budget administration and financial forecasting, analysis and reporting.
• 2-3 years of supervisory experience involving managing a medium to large size department.
• Strong management skills with the ability to delegate and coordinate activities effectively and lead and motivate finance and administration department employees.
• Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills and high level of detail orientation with the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines and requirements.
• Solid team building skills.
• Advanced in Microsoft Office and other applicable software applications.
• Willingness to travel on an as-needed basis (travel required is limited).
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today. PCL is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.Employee Status : Regular Full-time Job Level : Manager without Direct Reports Company : PCL Construction Services, Inc. Primary Location : United States-Florida-Orlando Job Posting : Oct 11, 2019, 7:15:19 PM Closing Date : Ongoing Job : Asst Mgr Finance & Admin
Apply on company website