Estimator - South Florida - 190000SF
My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we are always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Estimator for our Orlando District's office location in Coral Gables, FL.
• Review project plans and specifications and coordinate with team to confirm complete scope
• Identify risk issues and their order of magnitude
• Solicit subcontractor and/or supplier information and pricing
• Assist in Good Faith Efforts, outreach, and M/S/W/BE solicitation
• Prepare instructions to bidders, bid form and other bid solicitation information
• Perform the quantity survey and pricing effort for internal budgets
• Prepare conceptual and detailed preconstruction budgets based on minimal information
• Review general conditions, schedule, scopes of work, hoisting plans, site logistics and other exhibits
• Ensure the flow of project information is maintained and documented
• Review the scope of specialty contractor bids
• Review constructability issues with operational staff
• Maintain and communicate data on construction and material cost trends affecting project costs
• Analyze alternate means and methods and participate in the value engineering process
• Build effective relationships with customers, design teams, specialty contractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer's expectations
• Actively participate in industry, client and community relations to enhance company image
• Participate in the transfer of information on successful projects
• Assist with self-perform scopes of work, equipment selection and rental coordination
• Assist in the preparation and review of work plans as requested
• Participate in periodic reviews and visits to projects as appropriate
• Participate in presentations to owners/clients
• Must have knowledge & understanding of unit costs
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the local subcontractor market and be able to cultivate and maintain client and professional relationships with a high level of proficiency.
• A degree in Construction Estimating, Construction Management, or similar degree; or the candidate must possess equivalent combinations of technical training or experience
• 3-5 years of commercial estimating experience
- Preference given to those with previous estimating experience with a large general contractor
• Experience with a variety of procurement methods including hard bid, design-build, negotiated and conceptual projects
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with a high level of skill with Excel and Word
• Experience with On-Screen Takeoff, Bluebeam, or other takeoff software
• Experience identifying and measuring all the various components of a variety of construction systems, converting measurements into quantities, obtaining supplier quotes, preparing a bid estimate and meeting bid deadlines
• Competent in interpreting drawings and specifications, preparing detailed quantity take-offs and total estimate pricing, including general project requirements
• Possess the ability to estimate multiple projects at one time and the ability to work independently as well as on a team; time management skills
• Understanding of subcontractor trade scopes is essential
• Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent follow through, accountability, strong attention to detail, great organizational skills and ability to resolve issues/problems are highly desirable
• Must be authorized to work in the US and provide current supporting documentation
• Based on client requirements, candidates may be required to complete/pass a criminal background check
• Employment with PCL is contingent upon passing a substance abuse test
• Bilingual (English & Spanish) required
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today. PCL is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Apply on company website