Project Coordinator - 190000SL
My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we are always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Project Coordinator for our Atlantic Canada District office located in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Assists the Project Manager and Superintendent with overall project performance including costs, schedule, and quality and project status.
- Develops and maintains excellent relationship with sub-trades and clients.
- Manages change order process, including pricing, negotiating, processing and assessing cost and schedule impact prior to reviewing with the Project Manager.
- Administers RFI and shop drawing process.
- Develops performance status reports for the Project Manager regarding cost forecast, schedule and safety.
- Assists the Project Manager with issuing tender packages and subcontracts and monitors their progress.
- Assists the Project Manager and superintendent with establishing project safety & environment programs and providing proactive leadership.
- Maintains contractual responsibilities with subcontractors.
- Involved in all facets of project closeout, including archiving documents, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies and warranty work.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline.
- 2-3 years of progressive construction experience in an operational role.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building material and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and building codes.
- Basic understanding of construction sequences.
- Ability to learn PCL specific software.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment.
- Intermediate skills with Word and Excel.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with sub trades and clients.
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.
Apply on company website