Are you looking for the best job you'll ever have?
We are looking for a HR/Recruiting Specialist for our brand.
This position will lead the administration and implementation of Human Resources (HR) policies, programs/platforms and practices throughout the brand, act as the liaison between the restaurants and Home Office, and oversee the recruiting and retention of Team Members.
PDQ is looking for Team Members who are FULLY ENGAGED, dedicated to TEAMWORK and come to work everyday with a GREAT ATTITUDE.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as an adviser to the field (Operations, Market Directors, Restaurants) on Human Resources issues.
- Prepares and maintains personnel records and ensures compliance to procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data.
- Assists, coaches and maintains documentation for progressive discipline, standards of Team Member conduct and Team Member terminations.
- Responsible for Team Member onboarding to include data entry into the HR Information system and new Team Member orientation. Ensures that data entered is accurate and Team Members have a thorough understanding of Company policies and procedures.
- Serves as subject matter expert for leave of absences, FMLA and ADA issues and all policies and procedures
- Maintains Brand Handbook policies and procedures to ensure that they are applicable, effective, and in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Fields all calls to Home Office regarding Team Member issues or complaints. Follows up on all issues and coaches area teams to ensure and document resolution.
- Monitors unemployment claims, assists with appeals and may attend hearings as the Human Resources representative.
- Monitors and coordinates workers' compensation claims and acts as a liaison with the insurance carrier.
- Maintains the recruiting and hiring process and standards for the Brand
- Reviews, evaluates and directs the recruitment and retention activities within the Brand to assure compliance with federal, state, and Home Office standards, where applicable.
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with Market Directors to determine area staffing needs and ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Supports area recruiting and outreach efforts in coordination with the restaurants to meet recruiting targets using traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Serves as an expert for recruiting candidates within the Brand for both hourly and salary positions.
- Develops advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- Manages internal transfer process, including screening, coordination of interviews with hiring manager, promotions, etc.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
- Communicates delivery of important employment information to Market Directors regarding employment offers and onboarding process (e.g., benefits, compensation, non-compete agreements).
- Manages all hiring and onboarding platforms (ATS, HRIS, etc).
- Manages application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- PHR, SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential highly desired
- Must exhibit leadership qualities to gain the respect of all Team Members and be able to display confidence when interacting with people at all levels of management.
- Experience working with the following systems required: HR Information System, Applicant Tracking, Onboarding
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times due to the handling of sensitive and confidential information.
- Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and for presentations.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Windows, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other computer programs and software normally used by HR.
- Demonstrated abilities in developing and executing strategic plans and initiatives
- Forward thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Experience making data driven decisions including the ability to locate appropriate data sets and arrange the data in a way that creates a compelling story
- Proven ability to manage and lead projects to successful completion
- Strong administrative and planning skills with the ability to establish priorities, handle many projects at once, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with multiple/changing priorities and deadlines.
We are People Dedicated to Quality!
Apply on company website