Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to people facing access barriers through clinical programs and education. We provide integrated health care services to include medical, dental, and behavioral health throughout 24 outpatient health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 800 employees and serves more than 89,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Compensation (Pay): $65,276 to $91,355/yearly, based on experience
Summary of Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD
- 403(b) Retirement with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- Perks Rewards
- Employee Assistance Program
Directs and administers organization wide payroll and accounts payable functions. Oversees and is responsible for the accurate processing and reporting of accounts payable, payroll and cash handling. Supervises and develops accounts payable, payroll and cash handling operations to meet financial and regulatory reporting requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills, knowledge and abilities. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Ensures that the appropriate personnel meet all job required competencies.
- Provides and responsible for technical assistance to ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closing process.
- Resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities. Ensures that financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Reviews and updates financial policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements systems that accurately and efficiently process accounts payable, payroll and cash transactions.
- Promotes and demonstrates the mission, vision, and Core Values of Peak Vista.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all departments, the management team, medical staff, and leadership.
- Embraces cultural diversity amongst ourselves and our community.
- Responsible for the human, financial, and material resources as well as data and information entrusted to us.
- Strives to deliver the best outcomes and highest quality service.
- Employee demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements.
- Enhances the effectiveness; efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improvement goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: Accounts Payable Clerks, Payroll Clerks, Accounts Payable Coordinator and Payroll Coordinator
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education:Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field required. Successful and relevant work experience combined with professional certifications and/or training requiring rigorous effort in the discipline of finance, payroll or accounting may be accepted in lieu of a degree (six years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree).
Work Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience including 3 years of managerial experience required.
Computer Skills: Intermediate: Ability to access the intra/internet to manage timecard, review policies and procedures, and read company communications; use e-mail to communicate with co-workers, leadership, and other departments; use and create a variety of templates, complex tables, merges; manage table data, sort and filter merges, and also perform basic work with existing Macros; customize toolbars, import and insert graphs, embed Excel data, and elaborate reports; work with multiple worksheets, filter data, use integrate functions, and manipulate databases; customize templates and the PowerPoint environment, and to make a presentation interactive by using hyperlinks and action buttons
Certificates and Licenses: None
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OSHA risk level/work environmental hazards: This position has been categorized as OSHA Level Three (3). See Exposure Control Plan for details.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol free workplace an an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com.
In order to protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, Peak Vista Community Health Centers (PVCHC) now requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 or apply for and be granted a medical and/or religious exemption. For more information on PVCHC's response to COVID-19, please visit our website at https://www.peakvista.org/.
Apply on company website