Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a nonprofit health care organization whose mission is to provide exceptional health care to people facing access barriers through clinical programs and education. We provide integrated health care services to include medical, dental and behavioral health throughout 24 outpatient health centers within El Paso, Teller, Lincoln, Adams and Kit Carson counties. We deliver care with our strong “Hospitality” culture. Our organization has over 800 employees and serves more than 89,000 patients annually in the Pikes Peak and East Central regions of Colorado. Peak Vista is accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC).
Compensation (Pay): $21.14 to $30.66/per hour based on experience.
A $1000 sign on bonus will be paid in the following manner: $300 payout upon 30 days of employment, $300 payout upon 90 days of employment, and $400 payout upon one year of employment*.
*Current employees are not eligible for the sign on bonus.
Loyalty Bonus - $1200 upon 1 year of service and then a $300 payout for every additional 3 months worked. This applies to only FT employees. The amount will be prorated for PT employees.
Summary of Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD
- 403(b) Retirement with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Assistance
- Perks Rewards
- Employee Assistance Program
Job Summary: The primary function of this position is supporting the Clinical Operations Team, through the development and maintenance of clinical education/training initiatives. This position includes participation in a variety of ongoing training projects, the continual education and development of clinical staff, supporting and aiding in the development of a team-based care model, and monitoring quality and MU/UDS measures of clinical staff. The Clinical Education Coordinator will also work in conjunction with clinics throughout the organization to ensure all staff are optimally trained on the EHR and provide support for audits and verifying quality assurance standards are being met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works in conjunction with Clinical Leadership to orient, train and develop clinical staff.
- Travels to various clinics to provide on-site training support for clinical staff.
- Participates as needed in various clinical projects and develop training plans and training materials.
- Solicits and communicates feedback from clinical staff regarding clinical workflows, and associated processes and policies.
- Works collaboratively with quality assurance in order to maintain and monitor quality measures in clinics.
- Participate as needed in various clinical/training/education projects and assist in developing/locating/researching resources for plan implementation.
- Assist in training and content design for new employee orientation. Conduct new-hire training for MAs and RNs, as needed.
- Assist in identifying solutions to clinical workflow and med errors, as needed.
- Assist in developing clinical competency plans for clinical staff for new medical supplies, equipment, and procedures.
- Works in collaboration with other departments to ensure consistency with education/training/quality information distribution.
- Provide overall support for clinical staff, ADON team, and other departments.
- Assist in developing and maintaining Health Stream courses as needed
- Promotes and demonstrates the mission, vision, and Core Values of Peak Vista.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all departments, the management team, medical staff, and leadership.
- Embraces cultural diversity amongst ourselves and our community.
- Responsible for the human, financial, and material resources as well as data and information entrusted to us.
- Strives to deliver the best outcomes and highest quality service.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to the Compliance Plan and conflict of interest requirements.
- Enhances the effectiveness; efficiency and productivity of the department by contributing to, and participating in, departmental performance improvement goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision Exercised: None
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Spanish bilingual preferred.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent education.
Work Experience: A minimum of 2 years training and coordination experience required (2 years working as a MA, LPN, or EMT required).
Computer Skills: Intermediate - review policies and procedures, and read company communications; use e-mail to communicate with co-workers, leadership, and other departments; use a variety of templates, customize templates and the PowerPoint environment, and to make a presentation interactive by using hyperlinks and action buttons
Certificates and Licenses: Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant Program or EMT program required. Current CPR/BLS. A valid Driver's Licenses in good standing.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OSHA risk level/work environmental hazards: This position has been categorized as OSHA Level One. See Exposure Control Plan for details.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
*Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes but is not limited to, a Criminal Background check. Peak Vista Community Health Centers is a drug and alcohol-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**PVCHC participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's I-9 to data from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration Records. To learn more, visit: everify.com
In order to protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients, and communities we serve, Peak Vista Community Health Centers (PVCHC) now requires all employees to provide proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 or apply for and be granted a medical and/or religious exemption. For more information on PVCHC's response to COVID-19, please visit our website at https://www.peakvista.org/.
Apply on company website