Thank you for your interest in working at our community. For a quick apply now, please email your resume or overview of your work experience and indicate which position you are applying for to: email@example.com
Do you have a gift for caring for Seniors and are you looking to join a team that creates communities that feel like home? We are looking for compassionate and talented team members who have a passion for caring for our Residents. The Manager of Memory care is responsible for the daily operations of the Spectrum Memory Care Program at the community level, including implementation, coordination and managing daily operations and staff. The Manager of Memory Care reports to the Director of Nursing and works collaboratively with the corporate headquarters Sr. Director of Memory Care to ensure corporate programming and quality improvement initiatives are operationalized and effective. Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. is considered a leader and innovator in senior living.
SRC is ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers and voted Best of Senior Living by SeniorAdvisor.com. We are a privately held company which operates senior living communities in 10 states from Ohio to Oregon. Celebrating our second decade of operations, we continuously live by our Core Values and fulfill our Mission to create communities that feel like home where residents thrive and relationships grow. For more information or to view other opportunities, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
Shift Details: Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Manager of Memory Care Job Responsibilities:
- This position reports to the Director of Nursing.
- In conjunction with the Director of Nursing and other community leaders as appropriate, recruit, select, supervise, mentor, appraise, educate and counsel memory care team members according to Spectrum policies and procedures
- Supervise a team of Memory Care Resident Assistants.
- Implement, coordinate, manage and monitor resident-centered dementia care based on Spectrum's Memory Care Program and quality improvement initiatives
- Provide nursing care to residents, including but not limited to: Completion of health assessments, completion of resident Care Plans and reviewing them with resident family members and/or Power of Attorney, discussing changes in resident condition with physicians, introduce interventions to reduce falls based on individual resident needs, etc. Also provide medication administration and help with resident care, as needed.
- Ensure 7-day per week activity programming appropriate for individuals with memory impairment
- Accountable for timely assessments and accurate care plans in the electronic health record, plus communication with Business Office Manager any additional cares given for accurate billing
- Facilitate dementia training for memory care team members as well as other community team members as necessary and as applicable based on Spectrum Memory Care Program, policies and procedures
- Direct resident well-being according to State regulations to ensure appropriate and acceptable standards of care and adequate staffing
- In collaboration with Director of Nursing, coordinate, complete, and/or review data reports and queries in compliance with Spectrum's Resident Care Quality & Analytics program and protocols
- Ensure effective family council meetings and support groups for family members and other community participants
- Maintain networks with external organizations that specialize in memory impairment issues to stay up-to-date on current trends in research, treatment and evidence-based best practices
Manager of Memory Care Educational Requirements:
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse preferred; candidates may be considered with caregiver certifications beneficial to the community plus management experience
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing, Social Work, Psychology, or Gerontology preferred
Manager of Memory Care Work Experience:
- Minimum 1-2 years management experience
- 1-2 years of experience providing care for persons with dementia preferred, or experience taking care of neuro-impaired or neuro-psychiatric patients in an acute or long-term care setting
- Strong background in patient care assessment, assessing residents' behavioral symptoms and developing non-pharmacologic approaches to meeting residents' needs
- Ability to relate in a professional and positive manner with all community staff and the community at large
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with employees at all levels of the community and corporation
- For Illinois: Bachelor's degree with documented course work in dementia care, plus one year of experience working with individuals with dementia; or at least two years' management experience with individuals with dementia
The Benefits Program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) and their families:
- Medical; Dental; Vision; Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and Life Insurance); HSA or FSA Spending Accounts; 401(K); PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Pay; Tuition Reimbursement
Other benefits offered to ALL Team Members:
- Online personal development courses; Perk Spot discount program for endless discounts at restaurants, local businesses, various retailers and more; lucrative team member referral program; monthly engagement program with free prizes; recognition programs.
Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC and its affiliated companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. We also participate in the E-Verify program, a service of DHS and SSA.
Apply on company website